I hope you all had a nice Christmas.
Now, let's see what was happening this weekend...
* Salman Khan is 45! Happy birthday!
* Everybody is getting sued.
* Javed Akhtar is banned by the Film Federation of India.
* Totally bereft of original ideas, Karan Johar wants to make a sequel to K3G.
* Will it be Asin opposite SRK in Two States?
You know, I'm pretty forgiving of 20 year age gaps and 40 year old virgin heros when it comes to masala films which are big fantasies anyway but if this is supposed to be "realistic" like Love Aaj Kal or 3 Idiots, I'm going to have to skip it. Nobody in those "realistic" films ever wonders why some 45 year old man is courting a girl young enough to be his daughter.
* Rani and Vidya talk about their liplock!
“The mock kiss was our humourous take on the so-called animosity between Vidya and me. Guys have done it before as a fun stunt, so we decided to spice things up.”
Rani can lay a mock liplock on me anytime... I'm so excited for No One Killed Jessica.
Another mag has the two talk about each other.
What in your opinion is the best scene in No One Killed Jessica?
Rani: There is this scene in the film where she breaks down on the terrace. I think Vidya performed it brilliantly.
Vidya: I like the scene (it’s also there in the promos), where Rani is jumping at the bonnet of a car and screams that justice has been denied. It was quite an intense scene.
* Amitabh Bachchan hates the media.
Tell us something we don't know...
* Shruti Hasan is going to return to Bollywood opposite Abhishek Bachchan... under the ABCL banner, natch.
* Sonam Kapoor says she doesn't want to go to Hollywood until she builds a solid resume in Bollywood. *cough cough no comment*
* Sonam may also luck out and have Daddy secure Madhuri Dixit for a Freaky Friday remake.
* Anil and Anupam have buried the hatchet.
* At the same party, Salman gives a fan a tight slap for kissing him!
* Here is an interesting piece on a Brazilian telenovela called Road to India.
* China wasn't too impressed with My Name Is Khan.
My Name Is Khan does not look like any Indian movie that Bai Lu, 26, a software professional, has watched before. She likes the special features of Indian movies, otherwise Hollywood provides her with better options than this "second rate copy of Forrest Gump."
* TMK gets a big opening! Third biggest after 3 Idiots and Dabangg and Joginder Tuteja reflects on the silliness of the obsession with a big opening.
Three decades back it was the silver jubilee v/s golden jubilee run of a film that decided its fate
Two decades back it was the 100 days run that came with its own prestige
A decade back it was the collections more than the days or weeks that were looked at closely
Five years back it was the first week that decided if the film was a hit or flop
A year back it came down to the weekend collections
Today, with the arrival of Tees Maar Khan, it is the First Day number which appears to be an all important decision point for the industry
What would be the deciding factor tomorrow? The first show?
* Speaking of, SRK is enjoying the critical drubbing Farah Khan is getting and has (allegedly) thrown a party celebrating the bad reviews.
TANU WEDS MANU!