Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wednesday Gossip!

Good morning!!! Another cold day is here upon us in Washington, DC... but I baked a delicious gingercake last night so my stomach is warm and happy.

Now, let us see what the gossip rags have laid out for us.

* Saif and Bebo have decided to stop
performing at weddings for cash. (Sharmila Tagore thinks it's tacky!)

* After the (expensive) failure of
Anjaana Anjaani, the Saif-Priyanka starrer Two States has been put on hold for the moment.

* The November schedule of
Agent Vinod is canceled.

* Real cityscapes are
the new trend in Bollywood.

Actress Vidya Balan, who recently shot amidst the Delhi crowd for her upcoming film, recalls that though fun, it was scary. “Luckily, by the time people started noticing the camera and the crew, we had already shot our scenes,” recalls the actor.

And
Kiran Rao does the same in her free-floating Dhobi Ghat, which she says is not 'plot-driven.'

* Madhuri Dixit is
back in Mumbai to film her reality show!

* And watch out for
Yana Gupta who might be making a comeback.

* Pamela Anderson is
stirring up the media in Mumbai.

* Sonam Kapoor
chatters about stuff.

"I’m shocked, I can’t believe that Abhay would make such statements! He’s a well brought-up boy and I’m really fond of him. We spoke when he was in Spain recently and he seemed so normal,” says Sonam Kapoor, reacting to Deol’s comment that too much energy was wasted on styling and he wouldn’t take chances with films like Aisha again.

* Mahesh Babu wants Telugu actors in the
Telugu 3 Idiots.

* I come across articles about
Nepali actress Rekha Thapa every once in a while and I would love to see a film with her!

* Katrina Kaif is doing an
action role next.

* Deepika Padukone is so
young and naive. Sometimes I can't even stand it...

Deepika is also of the view that typically male-oriented or female-oriented roles don’t exist anymore. She says that the industry, which is known to be a predominantly male-oriented one, gives a fair shot to women as well. “Why just films? In every field, women have caught up with men and how! And just like everything else, a film also needs both, male and female protagonists who play equally important parts in the film."

Does she live in fantasy-land? Deeps knows that
Masala Pradesh is not a real place, yes?

* Bipasha Basu talks
about her new role.

“This is a period drama and I will be playing a Maratha warrior called Tuleja Naik,” she is upbeat. Well, it’s apparent that there will be no dearth of challenges.

“I will be learning horse-riding (she plays a bodyguard!), deep-sea diving, fencing etc. I could not make enough time for a longer preparation. However, I’m confident, I will be able to do all this,” she says.


* Read an
epic retelling of a visit to Mani Ratnam by a clueless but earnest American.

When we Americans think of Indian film, it is often Slumdog Millionaire and Bollywood, Bollywood, Bollywood. Bollywood is based in Mumbai - "Bombay" - in India's center. High quality films from South India are often not promoted heavily as Bollywood. Raavanan was shot in location in South India in the Kerala Forest in the language of both Southern and Central India (Tamil and Hindi).

OFFICIAL SONG TEASER!!!

"Sheilaaaaa Sheila Ki Jawaaani!"

4 comments:

Tady Rox! said...

I swear i am just amazed at how much i love this promo!!! I've seen it about 20x now ... and i love it more each time i watch it ... Gawd!!! I can't wait to watch this on the big screen!!!

kintama said...

Deepikha works in a very mysogynistic industry. And she's one of its product (not very smart model) and this is why she hasn't figured it out yet.


PS: Yeah I saw that dude on Mani Ratnam it's very cool he highlights RaavanAN which is a terrific movie. Like he seems genuinely an admirer of Indian cinema although he made me smile with his (huge) inaccuracy on some stuff.

omarsfilmblog said...

Excellent blog, you approach all things Bollywood and Hindi Cinema in a refreshing and alternative way - will put you down on my blogroll. Some useful links to read through - thanks!

Filmi Girl said...

@Tady I can't wait either!! I think Kat looks fantastic!

@kintama I know! Especially when she is getting the worse of the media treatment about her break-up with Ranbir and she can't figure it out...

And Raavanan was fantastic - I saw it without subtitles and was blow away!

@omar Hi! Thanks for visiting and please do come again soon. I like to mix it up around here - you'll never know what you'll find!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl