Gossip time! Gossip time! Gossip time!
* There is going to be an historic pact between Holly and Bollywood, regarding copyright and distribution.
What? Nobody invited South India?
The MPAA, which represents U.S. movie studios, has been an active anti-piracy advocate in the U.S. and is looking to collaborate with India to crack down on knock-offs in a nation where small-time shops peddle illegal copies of Hollywood or Bollywood DVDs for less than $1. India needs the help of U.S. law enforcement to snuff out piracy at the Indian grocery stores across America that are warehouses of bootlegged Bollywood fare.
I NEVER buy bootlegged DVDs. Never. Even when the official release takes FOREVER to come.
* Katrina Kaif will appear on Ali Zafar's next album! Yay!
When contacted, Ali laughed and said, "Yes, Katrina is very sweet and told me she would be a part of my album.
I carry my guitar on the sets and she too is learning the basics.
She will probably play it for my album." Kat sure has struck the right chords with Ali.
They are TOO CUTE!
* Why doesn't Katrina want to act opposite Saif?! Hmm... I bet something happened on the sets of Race! Or maybe Kat doesn't want to upset Bebo... Or maybe she just doesn't like him...
* DAMN! Apparently, Deepika had some harsh words for Ranbir and Katrina on Koffee with Karan!
When asked by KJo what she would give Ranbir as a gift, she surly responded 'a packet of condoms.' Wow, harsh. And the former model didn't calm down when asked what she would say to Katrina if they ever met. In reference to Katrina's age, Dips said, "I would like to see her passport." Interesting.
Whoa! Calm down, Dippy! First of all, who gets into a relationship with a Kapoor man and doesn't expect he's going to sleep around... um, hello? And secondly, it's one thing for me, a powerless blogger, to joke about Katrina's age (I'm actually with Deeps on this one) but does she really want to burn her bridges like that? Comparing hits to flops, Katrina is way more powerful at the box office...
* Read about which exotic countries are in and which are out for Bollywood!
Countries like Latvia, Poland, Germany, Brazil, Peru, Morocco, Egypt, Afghanistan, Turkey and Mexico are fast replacing destinations like New York, London, Bangkok, Switzerland, Mauritius and Paris.
These countries too have come to realise the power of Bollywood in boosting up tourism and trade and for Indian filmmakers it is a win-win situation as the red carpet comes with lucrative co-production deals.
* In this delicious little gem, Amitabh Bachchan attempts to copyright his voice.
One of India's biggest movie stars, Amitabh Bachchan, has said he is to seek copyright protection for his famed gravelly voice after a tobacco manufacturer used a sound-alike voice-over to advertise its product.
In a posting on his blog, Mr Bachchan – a Bollywood veteran who has sometimes been accused of taking himself a little too seriously – said he had been alarmed to learn from a friend that his voice, which is commonly imitated by Indian actors and comedians, had been used to sell "gutka", a mixture of chewing tobacco, crushed betel nut and spices that is hugely popular across India.
I think it's unethical to have somebody with a soundalike voice doing advertisements but if nobody is saying that it's Amitabh, is it really illegal?
* It's a January court wedding for Imran Khan! (Sorry, ladies...)
* Sofia Loren and Dilip Kumar are friends! Who knew!
* Salman Khan is back with Rajshri! He's doing a cameo in an upcoming film!
* If you are me, then the one thing you want to hear is Abhinav Kashyap + SRK and if there is one thing I don't it's that Abhinav is out of Dabangg 2.
* AHHHH! Mani Ratnam's next will be in Tamil and star VIKRAM and Mahesh Babu! Why aren't I watching this movie right now?
* It's Jacqueline Fernandez for Murder 2.
(And I love the writing of this piece:
Mallika Sherawat, who sizzled in Murder in her two-pieces (strangely accepted as college-wear in the film) and hot smooches with Emraan Hashmi, will not have to hone her skills for the film's sequel.
* Looking to relaunch herself yet again, Esha Deol has been taking advice from Abhay.
* Read some talks with Neha Dhupia! The cutie talks about playing a dacoit:
"I never imagined playing the part. It was only his faith. It's a very challenging role and I thought there are so many actresses who have the potential to play the part. It gives a new dimension to any female actor.
"But he (the director) wanted me to do it and then we got into rehearsals. I think that I am very urban, a city girl. Once I got into this, I started thinking apart. I don't know what started playing in my mind," said Neha.
* HIMESH SHOULD STOP ACTING, says Bhushan Kumar, who invested in Himesh's acting.
HRITHIK (magicing the crowd!) on Sa Re Ga Ma Pa - the title of which always get this stuck in my head:
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl