You guys!! I stayed up way too late watching the election returns, which means I am in sleepy town this morning. YAWN...
And alas, the worst part of American democracy... the race for 2012 begins today.
* How about that Shahid-Deepika jodi we all wanted... anyone? This sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.
More interesting is this overwrought piece reading romantic intentions in a recent auction of some of Deepika's father's medals.
Many assumed that Siddharth would bid them for highest price. But he didn’t participate in the auction at all. The medals were lifted by some stranger at last. This has made Deepika upset say sources. If Sidz is in real love with Deepika he would have taken those medals to impress her. But here it is implying that he is only with lust and not in love with Deepika.
* A prank call at Shahrukh's house led to some major police action.
* I love Bebo! She wants to invite Obama home for dinner.
Given a chance, where would Kareena like to take Obama out? Well, here’s what she had for an answer - “Can’t I just invite Obama home? I would love to invite him home. I’m a great chef, I’d cook some great Indian food for him, talk to him.”
* Vipul Shah's financial troubles might delay the release of Action Replayy.
* Akshaye Khanna didn't show up the day that Farah Khan had the publicity photos taken for Tees Maar Khan.
But as Farah Khan says:
"Akshaye is wonderful. He always came on time and did exactly what I asked him too. Though Akshay and he are not friends, they bonded really well. When he saw the rushes of TMK, he told me that Akshaye was the highlight of the film. There's crackling chemistry between them both on and off screen!"
* Mahek Chahal who did the item song in Wanted will be doing one in the Deol's Yamla Pagla Deewana.
* The Wall Street Journal has a list of movies that Obama should watch on his flight to India.
Finally, New York (the Bollywood movie.) For Mr. Obama, it may seem that every Indian he meets has been to the U.S., lived in the U.S. or has friends and relatives in the U.S. The 2.5 million Indians in the U.S. cut a large swath in India.
A large cottage industry developed in Bollywood over the last two decades exploring the lives of Non-Resident Indians, (mostly of the American variety.) America, in turn, has a largely favorable impression among Indians as the land of opportunity.
Sorry I don't have time for more today... YAWN YAWN... but here are adorable Akshay and Aishwarya!
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl