Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tuesday Gossip!

Gossip! Gossip! Gossip!

Guess what? Indie music festival in
Pune!

In what promises to be a unique initiative, the NH7 Weekender music festival is being organised in Pune between Friday, December 10 and Sunday, December 12. The music festival's lineup is impressive, including Indian Ocean, Zero, Parikrama,

The Magic Numbers, Pentagram and the Asian Dub Foundation, among many others. The NH7 Weekender is all about the festival experience.


Check
here to get tickets!!

And read an interesting take on the link between
Australian racism and homophobia.

Indian men appear to be quite secure in their sexuality. Bollywood films feature men dancing, singing, etc. Does this pose a threat to the Australian concept of masculinity?

Firstly, Bollywood is unreal. It is very far from documentary cinema, the whole genre is escapist. Some male film stars in Bollywood films may appear to be quite secure in their sexuality. I don’t know if Indian men who are not film stars dance and sing with quite as much hip-thrusting confidence. Indian masculinity to me seems to come in many different hues, some of which may challenge Australian concepts of masculinity, some of which may actually mimic it.


* SHAHRUKH KHAN KISSES A GUY! Oh, wait - the article is just talking about this lip lock with
John Barrowman.



Oh, gossip!

* Karan Johar awakened a
sleeping giant in Rishi Kapoor - who is going on the warpath. Don't expect to see Ranbir in any more Dharma productions any time soon...

* And she may not have the clout of Rishi Kapoor but Minissha Lamba isn't too pleased with
Imran Khan's comments about her on Koffee With Karan.

* Maybe Minissha can take some comfort in the fact that Imran Khan took a
profit sharing agreement in lieu of pay for Break Ke Baad. Somehow, I don't think he's going to get paid all that much...

* Preity Zinta is
the only man in Bollywood.

You put your film career on stake for the IPL. Any regrets?

Life is all about your own choice. And my parents have taught me to regret for things that you have done and not for those that you have not done just for playing safe. If people think that I am comfortable doing films does not mean I think the same. I would live my life the way I want. I entered this industry without any famous surname or any recognition in the industry. I came from Shimla and got recognised as one of the top heroines without any compromise. It was just my hard work that paid off. What I wished is what I got. Then I stepped into another field, which was completely my choice.


* Akshaye Khanna's character in
Tees Maar Khan is based on Shahrukh.

* Anurag Basu's
Barfi is going to star Ileana D'Cruz opposite Ranbir Kapoor.

* Is Anurag Kashyap's new film a
remake of Subramaniapuram.

* Deepika Padukone is doing her own item song in
Dum Maro Dum.

Enjoy some pictures from the
Ragada audio launch!



Priyamani, Charmee, and Kajal Agarwal!



Could these ladies be cuter?!



Hello, gorgeous!

And a still from the film...



Va va VOOM! Those are some curves to die for!

(More available
here.)

And speaking of va va VOOM!




Making of "Sheila Ki Jawaani"!

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl