Go out and vote today, Americans!!!
Google will find your polling place using Google maps! They will totally hook you up.
Remember, if you don't participate in your democracy, then you have no room to complain when things happen in government that you don't approve of.
VOTE VOTE VOTE!
* HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SHAH RUKH KHAN!
These are from me: xxoo
* Anybody in Dubai - Akshay and Aishwarya are doing a promotional blitz - click the link to see if they will be coming near you!
* Here is a nice slide show of Vivek Oberoi's wedding reception! My favorite is number 5 - the Khiladi stops by to mack on the ladies.
Okay, here's an idea - a Wedding Crashers remake starring Akshay Kumar and Saif Ali Khan... yes/yes?
* Read more about the South Asian Film Festival in San Francisco.
* Bebo makes the smart choice and is officially out of Heroine - although I would have been curious to see how the dynamic of Kareena would play off of Madhur's directing style. Somehow, I have a feeling that she wouldn't put up with his nonsense.
But guess who will be working with Aamir in his new film?! BEBO!!!
Come on, if you were offered the chance between working with The Perfectionist in an almost guaranteed to be hit film or slumming it with sleazy Madhur Bhandarkar, which one would you pick?
Also, Bebo, being a Kapoor, loves to eat and she's happy not to be starving herself anymore.
* Juicy, juicy, juicy! Allegedly the Ranbir Kapoor look-a-like Ranveer Singh's debut film was funded by daddy.
"For a Studio like Yash Raj Films, which is spearheaded by a much respected doyen of the film industry, Yash Chopra, we do not need to stoop to this and nor do we select our cast based on them funding us," added Gangjee.
Except that if Yash Raj Films hasn't had a real superhit in a while, they actually do need to select their cast based on funding. I mean, it wasn't a talent hunt that found Uday Chopra, if you know what I mean...
* Dunno Y has been pushed back again until the 12th.
* Maddy is taking a break from working for a while - presumably to drive his wife crazy by staying at home all day.
* Agent Vinod is hitting Latvia! Is anybody from there? Try and get us the inside scoop!
* Dramz behind the scenes of Aamby Valley India Bridal Week. Apparently, my Kangana threw a giant temper tantrum over something or other. Of course she did! She wanted her BFF Filmi Girl there - at least that is what I assume it was about.
* The right wing Washington Times takes a different view of Phas Gaye Re Obama.
"In the film, the gangsters want to know from where this disease called 'recession' comes from and they were told it was sent to India from USA by plane," Mr. Kapoor told The Washington Times before leaving for the U.S. premiere of the film.
Have some commercials!
Aamir Khan's latest!
And the Ayan Mukherjee directed Ranbir Kapoor Pepsi ad...
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl