Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday Gossip!

Hi, everybody!

I feel like The Powers That Be have flipped the "Christmas Switch" this weekend - all of a sudden every commercial on TV is trying to sell me Christmas magic. I actually love this time of year... CHRISTMAS! I'm trying to hold off on getting decorations until after Thanksgiving because I don't want to get burned out on eggnog, tinsel, and candy canes too soon.

I wonder if it's too late to get a ticket to
The Nutcracker...

Now, it's time for GOSSIP!

* Arbida Parveen
talks about Sufi music and Bollywood.

"I will do music for Bollywood but I am a servant of God and it is my duty to spread his message first. That's what is keeping me busy. I will sing for them if I get time," she added.

When asked whether she thought that the modernism was good for the genre, Abida said, "Sufi music has always been modern and how can different instruments spoil its magic. They will only add to the beauty. But the singers need to be careful that they don't waste its spirit and spark."


* There might be legal repercussions for
Rakhi Sawant after a man committed suicide after he appeared on her show.

* Talk of the
Andaz Apna Apna sequel just won't die.

* Take a
look back at Kamalistan studio - which is now going to be turned into fancy condos.

* Since it's a slow news day, why not read about
Bigg Boss 4's Dolly Bindra!

Dolly herself never quite made it to any list in Bollywood. Her husband says that she “always wanted to become an actress”. And she did - in bit parts in such films as Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi, Gadar, Tara rum pum pum, Na tum jano na hum, Janwar, and more films in that genre.

That's quite a shocking line-up from an actress who claims to have acted in over 180 films. Her website, curiously lists only a handful. The pictures that grace it are proud ribbon cuttings for an obscure TV channel in Patna.


* The ever-poised Sharmila Tagore
talks about Life Goes On...

But you do like Hindi films a lot, don’t you?

Yes, I do. Vishal Bharadwaj is my favourite. He has a completely new way of looking at things. He opens a world unknown to most of us. He uses violence also but makes it meaningful. Among some contemporary films that I loved very much are –
Khosla ka Ghosla, Ishquiya and Tere Bin Laden. I did not like 3 Idiots too much because I found it to be too preachy.


Do you know who I like a lot? Sharmila Tagore! Apparently, we have the same taste in "good" films!

* Our dear Steven Baker talks to
Aishwarya Rai and Hrithik Roshan! (JEALOUS!)

Aishwarya, your releases this year Raavan, Robot and Action Replayy seem to be experimenting with a range of different genres and characters...

Aishwarya: Actually, I have been doing this every year for the last couple of years where I have been trying to bring a different Aishwarya to my audiences with each release. Though it is not in our control, you aspire to do that when you have accepted your films for the year. Sometimes different things can unfold and schedules can change, but I am glad that it has been going to plan where I have been able to share a different character with each successive release. Having said that, it is what we as actors enjoy doing. This time it is so visibly obvious because the releases have come fairly close in succession. But this has been the pattern right since Devdas where there has been a different character each time. So here Hrithik is playing Ethan after Akbar which is a very different character to last time. Our audiences like this, and we as actors like to experience this also.

Hrithik: Monotony is something that kills passion. As artists it is our duty and mission to explore different aspects of character.


Heee! That is such a Hrithik thing to say! You know, before I interviewed him in person, I kind of rolled my eyes at his overly pretentious answers but when he is sitting there in front of you
saying this stuff - and gazing into your eyes, making you feel important - I think he really believes it.

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl