Good morning, everybody! Is the weekend over already? Boo! It was so much fun, though...
So, I tried watching Rann last night because, as you know, I'm a Riteish Deshmukh fan, but it was boring! A) I like serious films but I don't need to be hit over the head with the theme and B) what is with this ultra-slow acting/scenes that these serious films all have?
Anyways, let's see the gossip!
* Want to be cool? Hire a Bollywood star to attend your wedding.
* Forget Hollywood, Ukrainian wannabe stars are heading to Bollywood!
* Why is it that all media coverage of Sonam Kapoor focuses on one thing - her weight? All these articles talk about how much she lost or how thin she is or how much she talks about food. Is that really the only interesting thing about her? And if it is, why are we still talking about her?
This violates my twitter rule but one has to question why we are always talking about Sonam, starving, and food.
Sonam wrote on microblogging site Twitter: "Eaten so so much at Mum's Kitchen in Goa!! Nothing beats Goan food."
Neil also tweeted: "Got the day off in Goa. With my father at baga beach @ britto's. Great to see so many kids here. Lovely weather. Awesome place great food".
To which Abhishek replied: "Will the two of you stop eating and get serious about your work please!! Start starving like the rest of us!!! These children are out of control!!!"
Talk about a trigger warning!! Do these actors even consider all the people in recovery from eating disorders when tweeting things like this? Starving yourself for fashion is NOT healthy and it's not a behavior that these actors should be joking about.
* Something else that isn't funny - Bollywood D-listers who beat up their girlfriends.
Yash said he was not drunk, nor did he hit Amruta. "It was my duty as a man to take her home. Her mother was so worried, I was only trying to help," he said. There were also reports of Amruta getting close to another guy in their group that enraged Yash. Both of them rubbished the claim. "I wasn't getting close to anyone. Yash was supposed to drop me home, we were too drunk. That was it. We have apologised to each other and all's well between us."
* Ranbir and Shahrukh in a remake of a Bengali movie?! Yes, please!
Shahrukh plays an aging superstar and Ranbir is a young director!
* Ranbir Kapoor talks about keeping his fans happy.
"I come from a film family. I've seen fans chase my mum and dad for an autograph. Many a time dad would oblige but as actors you do have other things on your mind too and its not always possible to please all. As a kid I would look at the faces of the disheartened fans who didn't get dad's autograph. Ever since, I vowed the day I become an actor I'd never want to see my fans being sad. As far as the ladies going nuts for me, I've seen my parents go through it so it doesn't overwhelm me."
* John Abraham doesn't believe in playing it safe.
Revealing that he finds it tough to turn away roles that are challenging, he adds, “I always go by scripts, not by genres or their commercial viability. I don’t believe in playing it safe there and am game for more experiments. I just believe in giving them all my best shot.”
* Abhinav Kashyap says that he is doing Dabangg 2... but not for another couple of years.
* But Salman will not be back for Dus Ka Dum - it's Sanjay Dutt now.
* Aishwarya Rai says that the chemistry is between the characters not the actors. I would humbly disagree... it's a mixture of both.
* The Shiney Ahuja-Preity Zinta film might finally see the light of day in December.
* Ajay's Toonpur Ka Superhero is releasing the same day as Tees Maar Khan, much to Farah Khan's chagrin.
* Are Mallika Sherawat and Minisha Lamba heading to Sandalwood?
Dior Store Launch!
Malaika Arora Khan!
Dippy and Genelia!
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl