Now, Americans might enjoy this commercial featuring the one and only Conan O'Brien speaking Hindi!
Isn't he cute!? Thanks to Tady for passing that on.
But let's hit the Bollywood gossip!
* Actually, first let's hit the Namitha gossip! She has recovered (I hope!) from her kidnapping and is ready to hit the silver screen again!
She's playing a yoga teacher in the aptly-named Namitha, I Love You!
When asked what made Namitha to act in this film that has no potential to showcase her features, Namitha says: “I agree that there is no scope for glamour in this film. I am fed up acting in glamour-oriented films that focus on hot and spicy scenes. I agreed to act in this film because of its script. It has a message for the society.”
And in real life, she is opening a dance school!
* Aamir Khan, Shabana Azmi, and Javed Akhtar were among those invited to dinner with the Prime Minister. You know, I often wondered how Obama's image will affect how darker-skinned people are perceived in places like Japan and India that put a premium on fair skin... In the media, at least, everybody seems to be loving Barack and Michelle!
* A new crop of actresses are still going strong in their 30s! And, honestly, wouldn't you rather watch Bebo or Bips or Aish than some inexperienced 20-something?
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, who recently turned 37, is considered to be one of the top film heroines in the country. She is also a known face on the international circuit because of her Hollywood projects and promotional deals with global brands. “If producers want to give me a miss because of my age, it would be their loss since I am a far better actress today than I was 10 years ago,” she says.
* Priyamani spells out the realities of some heroine roles.
"Heroine is just a piece of furniture. Only on rare occasions, she gets a chance to prove her acting skills. Otherwise she is just there to sing songs with the hero or to add glamour to the proceedings. There's nothing wrong with it. The situation is the same in all the languages. Telugu cinema is not an exception to this."
* Speaking of glamour, Kangs was spotted dropping bank on some new designer duds.
* In case you were curious, Saif Ali Khan is not going to Hollywood. Oh, thanks for letting us know, gossip reporters. BTW I'm not moving to Antarctica... shall we make that news, too? I am going to the North Pole, though, so I can stalk the proceedings of my favorite movie to mock... THE
* Speaking of making up stories about nothing, Farah Khan says Bebo is a better actress than Kat. WELL, DUH! Obviously that is the case but just because Bebo is better doesn't mean that Kat is therefore bad! Who cares if Bebo is better if Kat gets the job done in Tees Maar Khan? And don't think for a second that Farah Khan would take any chances with ruining her first home production with a stinky actress.
* And the claws have come out in the competition for the second female lead in the new Bebo-Aamir film. Will it be Kat, Priyanka, or Kangana?
I like this little gem: Strangely, Kareena is not in good terms with Priyanka and Katrina Kaif, and it will be quite interesting to see who wins the race as all the three thespians are currently at the top.
I have a feeling there is nothing "strange" about it! Bebo likes to be on top - Priyanka and Kat are her competition. I'd actually love to see Kangana play opposite Aamir, imagine them both doing their crazy acts at the same time!
* My lady Bebo is also irritated by action scenes.
A source from the sets tells us, "Kareena had a few scenes where she was required to perform some basic stunts but she clearly seemed uncomfortable about it all. Each time she was about to shoot for such a scene, she would get irritated and often pleaded her directors if a duplicate can be used."
It takes a lot of work to look as good as Bebo and you want her to sweat?! Or possibly ruin her manicure?! What kind of director would ask that?!!!
(I'm just kidding! I love you, Bebo!)
* Personal trainer Payal Gidwani spills celebrity secrets while promoting her insultingly named book XL to XS. Look, Payal, I may be an "XL" but I'm also 5'9" and even when I was starving myself, I was never able to get down to more than a "M." Fetishizing smaller sizes is unhealthy and unhelpful to everyone. Sure, we should all try to be healthy, but healthy != XS.
* Abhishek Bachchan didn't know the history behind his latest film Khelein Hum Jee Jan Sey, which is about the Chittagong Uprising.
And I don't know why Deepika has no lines in the trailer... there is a mystery here, I'm sure. Did they get somebody else to dub for her? Is she taking too long with her dubbing? Is her role really small? Look, people (i.e. me) want to know!
* We may see the Junior B in a Rohit Shetty film next Diwali!
* Tusshar Kapoor gives his recipe for staying out of the spotlight: don't go around dating Priyanka Chopra because you are doing a film together.
He also revealed the reason, why no one ever reads anything about his relationships, is that he does not get into a relationship “just for the heck of it” or to create media hype.
I would also hypothesize that the people who Tusshar chooses to date might be unacceptable to a certain death-threat sending portion of the population. And like Karan Johar, instead of having a fakey-fake relationship, he just chooses to keep his private life completely private.
* Yash Raj is completely in the pay-for-play business now - they are launching Boney Kapoor's son.
* Calling the Khiladi! Shilpa Shetty had a party and invited Raveena Tandon and Pooja Batra.
* Yanna Gupta is back kicking around Mumbai... and WTF?! She dated Aftab Shivdasani?!
* Desi Boyz with John, Deepika, and Akshay starts today! Buckle up, everyone, because that movie is going to be OUT OF CONTROL!
And check out Shilpa Shetty and pint-sized Soha Ali Khan at an Olay promotional event!