Friday, November 26, 2010

Friday Gossip!

Goooood morning! It's Black Friday today, which means that it's the day where I stay home watching Saved By the Bell to avoid all the crazy people out shopping for bargains.

As for the new releases -
Break Ke Baad has been panned as really lackluster by almost every critic. We'll have to see if audiences agree - certainly, I won't be wasting my time with it.

Gossip time!

* Apparently Anurag Kashyap and my favorite Sandalwood director Yograj Bhat are
friends - he was there during this interview with Anurag.

"You don't get paid for the film you want to make. So except for No Smoking which had John Abraham, I had to forfeit my fees to make sure the film gets made. I want to have my credibility. The Wasseypur project (still untitled) is a mass-y film with non-stars. Stars just escalate cost of production. It has to be my story, the bitter pill I want to give people. I made That Girl in Yellow Boots just because people told me it was career suicide. So I said, ‘Let's do it.'"

* Will it be Ali Zafar for
The Reluctant Fundamentalist?

* Bebo calls Salman Khan the
Rajinikanth of Bollywood.

* The Shiv Sena are targeting
Shah Rukh Khan again.

* I'm really looking forward to Ranbir's performance in
Silence Barfee - even if he has to gain weight for it.

* Akshay Kumar is gracing Lara Dutta's first home production with a
cameo.

* This
interviewer makes Kangana Ranaut sound really silly.

As you walk into her spacious hotel suite, you see her sitting pretty on the sofa, clad in a sexy pair of jeans, dolled up to be the showstopper at a fashion awards show. Bollywood actor Kangna Ranaut, who is in Bangalore after a year, chirps, “I love coming to this city because I like everything about south India — the saris, jasmine flowers, and food.”

* But this
interviewer makes Kalki Koechlin sound like a sweetheart.

Kalki recently returned from Spain after a long spell of shooting for Zoya Akhtar’s movie Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara. She admits she was a little nervous when it came to interacting with her co-stars Hrithik Roshan, Katrina Kaif and Farhan Akhtar. She laughs as she reveals, “I definitely was a little nervous interacting with Hrithik, Katrina and Farhan. I didn’t know what to expect. But they are so down to earth. They completely included me in everything they did.”

* Karan Johar is set to launch two
newcomers - one of whom is David Dhawan's younger son Varun.

* It's not just Manisha Koirala - Lolo is having
trouble in her marriage.

* Finally, be annoyed at
this article about "irony" entering Bollywood.

One of this summer's biggest Bollywood hits, Dabangg, would appear to fall squarely into that stereotype, but with one important addition: it seems Bollywood has discovered irony. Dabangg is a pure pastiche of classic 1980s Bollywood, with OTT dialogue, outrageous fight scenes, chaste romance, rural politics and thumping songs. The lead character, Chulbul "Robin Hood" Pandey, is a corrupt policeman with a heart of gold, the body of a Greek god and the most ironic pencil moustache east of Williamsburg.

UGH! Bollywood has not just "discovered" irony!!!! Yaaaahhhhhh BOLLYWOOD HULK DISHOOM STUPID ARTICLE!

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl