It's GUZAARISH day! I can't wait to go see it! Unfortunately, I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow but still!
Can I just tell you how much I love Hrithik Roshan?
According to him, some people are very foolish and they forget to come out of their successful image and stick to their starry persona always. He wants to be loved by the fans for the person he is in real life and not only for the character he plays or the way he is projected by the media. He thinks every professional works towards the same goal of earning bread and butter and the same is being done by him.
Now, gossip time!
* It's (almost) official - SRK in Dhoom 3! And my boy Vijay Krishna Acharya is writing it!
* Naseeruddin Shah stars in the American film Today's Special, based on a stage piece by The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi, who co-stars.
* Rajinikanth is the greatest man of all time.
The Sri Arunachaleswarar Temple authorities cannot help but praise the philanthropic act of Rajinikanth, who has also said that he will donate more towards the Temple’s betterment in the future. This just proves that not only Rajinikanth a good actor, he is also a man with a golden heart, in a world that is ruled by commercialism.
* Sonam Kapoor has been on a quote spree and today we have her talking dating:
So tell us about this date…
Hmmm… okay, I was out for dinner with this guy. And it was going really well until he burped. Like really loudly. I don’t know if it was the food or what. We shall not analyse the reasons for his flatulence but it was so embarrassing. I don’t know who was more embarrassed, me or him. And as much I felt really sorry for him and I knew it wasn’t his fault, I just couldn’t sit there anymore. So I used my exit strategy and bolted the hell out of there.
And here she is giving Katrina Kaif a backhanded compliment.
"Farah has magic in her hands to make her female actresses look extraordinarily different. Deepika looked stunning in Om Shanti Om, while Katrina looks all the more beautiful in Tees Maar Khan. The way Farah projects her actresses is different and I don't think Katrina has done or will cross the benchmark which Farah has laid for her with this film."
* And Deepika Padukone blows off Vishal Bhardwaj.
"When actors decide to do a film, it’s not only the scrip, other logistics also need to fall in place," said the actress who is not willing to say much on the subject. "I don’t want to discuss it too much because it’s not right for me to talk about a film that I am not part of. I have a lot of respect for Vishal and I would love to work with him, unfortunately this one didn’t work out."
* The Daily Mail catches up with Pamela Anderson on Bigg Boss. It's so funny how much fuss she is causing! I wonder if we'll see her in a Bollywood cameo any time soon...
* Munni Badnaam Hui is all the rage in Pakistan.
* I'm really liking how Kiran Rao is handling herself in the press. She seems like a very smart lady.
Kiran talks Dhobi Ghat.
"To sensitize people that it’s a certain kind of film, it’s for people with certain sensibility. Not everybody would go to a film festival to watch a film or rent an Iranian film to watch. Through Dhobi Ghat I took an opportunity to make different kind of cinema in India, to broaden our audience. But with Aamir comes the liability. It’s really to tell people that in filmmaking style Dhobi Ghat is more like world cinema, it’s more like art house cinema. So I want people to be aware of it before they come to see it."
And get the inside scoop on the film's leading lady - Monica Dogra.
* Shahid Kapoor has been spotted out and about.
* Meet Vivek Oberoi's cousin: Akshay Oberoi. He'll be making his debut soon.
* This is a classic piece of Bollywood gossip - Ekta Kapoor and Prateik Babbar ignore each other at the airport.
Apparently, despite being seated just couple of rows apart from each other on plane, neither one attempted to offer olive branch to the other.
As per an eyewitness, Prateik frequently marched up and down the aisle but did not acknowledged Ekta’s presence even once. Every time he went past Ekta’s seat, he pointedly ignored her.
Apparently, Ekta was not much behind, when it came to looking through the actor.
"Ekta was equally cold and arrogant with him. Each time he looked in her direction, she pointedly looked out of the window,” as per an eyewitness.
* Look, I know everybody needs a JR NTR iphone app!
Problem? No Problem!
I don't think I've seen Sanju-baba move that much in years!
Rahul Bose: coverboy for Andpersand
And Deepika promoting Break Ke Baad in an outfit SO FUGLY that I had to post this picture. Seriously, Deepy - what is that?
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl