Thursday, November 4, 2010

Blogging Business...

Hi everybody!

(Hi, Filmi Girl!)

So, I just wanted to check in with everyone and see how things are going... I've been trying to be pretty regular with my daily gossip posts, which I hope everyone is enjoying.

Love Story 2050 is coming along slowly but surely. I promise you I will finish it!

I had a few ideas for some fun new things and I wanted to see if there was any interest in...

1. A book-club style classic film discussion group. I'm not exactly sure how this would work, but much like a book club, we could all watch the same classic film and then chat about it! And it doesn't have to be serious classics but fun classics, too.

2. Chatty profiles of different stars, directors, producers... I feel like I pick most of this stuff up through osmosis, so it could be fun to look into who different people are.

3. More lists! I love reading the Onion AV Club and they have lists all over the place, which are always fun to read...

4. ??? More in-depth looks?

Do let me know if you have any comments, questions, or concerns!

And I just put in a GIANT order of DVDs, which will hopefully all be working their way to me soon!

Madarasapattinam
Raavanan
Darling
Mussanje Maatu
Bombaat
Gaalipata
Moggina Manasu

Don't you love payday!?

6 comments:

Sonia said...

Madarasapattinam is out on DVD? That's great!

Yunus Perveez said...

Count me in and Upodcast of course :-)

Asim

eliza bennet said...

I'm all for lists - I just love lists and any discussions (as long as I'm able to watch the film which will be discussed of course)

Where do you order for Tamil dvds? I'm in need of a reliable shop that is not terribly expensive.

Amaluu said...

YES YES and YES to all!!! :-)))

kintama said...

Chatting about actors/directors/etc., discussing movies... Seems like you're ready to launch a discussion forum. I'd be in if it ever happens :)

Oh and Raavanan is just great. If I ever open a blog, the first thing I'd do is its review. Too many scenes that I love, and, looking back, the huge (gay)obsession of Prithviraj('s character) for Vikram('s character) is hilarious.

Oh and on that note, I would LOVE an in-depth review of Dosti Friends Forever. The most unintentionally hilarious movie ever made.

Anu Russell said...

Let me know how I can help! I am game!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl