Good morning, all! I hope AAL IZZ WELL for you today!
I did a lovely interview last night with lovely Rizwan Manji from TV's Outsourced that should be posted in the next couple of days, so stay tuned! Here is teaser for you... his favorite Bollywood movie is Qurbani!
Now, GOSSIP roll call!
* NAMITHA WAS KIDNAPPED!!!! Oh no you didn't, you little punk!
(She has been safely returned.)
* Oliver Stone doesn't understand Bollywood and admits as much at MAMI.
"You are the most prolific industry. I cannot keep up. I can't say I have any close understanding of it at all."
Just wait until my book comes out!
* Get a rundown of the 12 new directors at MAMI.
* And then read a fun recap.
Prahlad, with his characteristic smile and wit, said that the movie industry is a mom and pop shop. "Abhishek Bachchan has had 17 flops in a row and is still going strong. He is unique and should be in the Guinness book of records," he said drawing uproarious applause from the audience."
* Maybe Mr. 17 flops would have better cred with the gossip mongers if he didn't do things like request that they all wear red and white at the press meet for Ashutosh Gowarikar's Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey. You know, that film where he and Deepika Padukone play revolutionaries... or something. I cannot WAIT to read reviews for this film.
* Balki is making a film with Abhishek Bachchan. He has not been requested to wear red and white.
* Deepika Padukone talks about modeling.
So does she miss the ramps?
“No,because Bollywood and modelling these days are quite similar. I do get to walk the ramps so I don’t miss it.”
Hmm... Bollywood and modeling these days are quite similar? I wonder if Ashutosh Gowarikar is on board with that? Revolutionary modeling, anyone?
* Miss Model is going to be part of a stage show in Vegas this December.
* Some teenager nobody has heard of is playing the lead in Ang Lee's The Life of Pi.
* 3 Idiots is getting distribution in France!
* Peepli Live director Anusha Rizvi is tired of all the promotions for the film.
The director was quoted saying that she would rather want 50 people to watch the film without all these promotional activities than gathering 200 people with the hype.
* Check out JR NTR on a break while filming Shakti.
* Shahrukh Khan ruined a camera on the sets of Don 2 and then offered to pay for it.
* Enjoy this bitchy little piece on a dust-up between Manish Gupta and Sajid Khan:
What exactly did Sajid say? Alleges Manish, "Sajid said that we don't have good scriptwriters in India, which is why Indian filmmakers tend to copy Hollywood films."
The best line comes at the end though - Sajid himself remained unavailable for comment. He must have been renting the latest Hollywood DVD.
Vickey Lalwani is my new hero.
* Salman Khan has refused to allow the Guzaarish team to promote the film on Bigg Boss for exactly the reasons you think.
* Sanjay Leela Bansali talks Aishwarya:
“She is not only a beautiful girl, she has a beautiful mind too, a sharp mind and a thinking mind that questions and answers. She is not someone who would just come to the set and say ‘okay, now what am I supposed to do besides looking beautiful?’ So that is what I really cherish in her"
* Endhiran has been charged with plagiarism.
Picture time at the Doha Tribecca Film Festival!
Deep Space Nine's Siddig El-Fadil aka Alexander Siddig.
And director Mira Nair.
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl