Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tuesday Gossip!

Okay, guys, not much gossip going on today, but I've scraped the bottom of the barrel for you.

So, I've been catching up with
Outsourced since it's been renewed and it's actually not so bad once you get past the horrific first episode. Plus, they use actual Bollywood songs as filler. I've already hear "Jalwa," "Salaam Namaste," "Jhoom Baraba Jhoom," "Twist," "Ghazab," and "Behka."

Also, Gupta (Parvesh Cheena) is HILARIOUS. Shall I try to get interviews? Anyone interested?

*
Acting is a challenge, says Deepika Padukone. Not challenging enough to miss out a job snatched right under the nose of Priyanka Chopra.

(She was also
zung for wearing flip-flops to a fashion event.)

* Everything I do is publicity stunt
says Ram Gopal Varma.

* Ali Zafar pulls Katrina's hair from a
fan on the sets of Mera Brother Ki Dulhan.

* Was this the
UK couple who let Hum Tum aur Ghost use their house?

The couple’s double-fronted home has even been a location for a Bollywood movie.

“They were shooting a film in Newcastle and the crew found out about us and we got to know them really well,” says Deanna.

“The film had been let down with a location so they asked to use our house. It was quite exciting. At one point we had 15 people in the kitchen, including Miss India.”


* REKHA! REKHA!
REKHA!

Of course, she is offered films, ads, reality shows, her own TV show, she’s invited to dance at weddings for cash. All of which everybody in Bollywood is doing. “I know what I want to say and when I do it – I’ll do it, but I don’t know when,” she said about television. “I never thought I’d last four decades in the film industry and do the things I’m doing now. Whatever is in store for me will happen."

* I don't know what to say about this -
Tusshar Kapoor was mobbed in Ooty.

Perhaps they thought he was someone else?

Or they just
really like Golmaal.

Or, possibly, somebody's PR agent is exaggerating.

* Ranbir Kapoor is going to be
an uncle!!

* Sonam Kapoor cost
Mausam 75 lakh...

* Meanwhile, the
Archies movie is trying to shoot on the cheap and is doing 12+hour days.

* Sanjay Dutt just suffered his
lowest opening ever.

I know, right? Not much out there today.

2 comments:

Amaluu said...

HAHAHA on the Tusshar comment! Also, I was hating on Outsourced, but this last episode actually seemed a bit funnier. Now if they could just lay off the Indian stereotypes (OMG Americans DATE??? OMG Americans eat MEAT???) and be a bit smarter about the "I'm different from you" comedy, this could go somewhere. Also, someone get an expert to work on these ABCDs because their Indian accents are TERRIBLE. They all sound like Apu.

Shell said...

Another movie with Saif and Deepika? NO thanks. Plus, I don't picture Deepika as South Indian at all. Could be just me.

I think it's time for another movie watchalong, don't you? Been too long since HTAG!

I have to admit, I am starting to like Outsourced better than when it started, but I still can't digest Dedrich Bader's character. It is nice to hear real music in it though!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl