Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tuesday Gossip!

Hello, everybody! I am on my way to my Grandparents' house and lucky for me the boat now has wi-fi! So, let me rustle up a few tidbits for you!

And expect some writings on
Pokiri and Disco Dancer - both of which I made my Boston friend watch last night.

Now...

* Poor Akshay Kumar's DJing gig
ended in fiasco when fans who couldn't get in rioted, injuring the handsome hunk.

* Bollywood dominated HDIL Couture Week
much to some fashion insiders' chagrin.

Fashion critique and former Miss India Meher Castelino doesn't agree with Sethi. She feels Bollywood forms a small market for these couturiers and a designer still has to reach out to the bigger market and most of them are not present at the fashion weeks.

She blames media pressure for Bollywood presence at the event.

"You see, in the race of TRPs these media houses need some reason to cover a fashion show and Bollywood stars fits into the bill completely. How many times have you watched the coverage of a fashion show that doesn't have a star in it?"


I wish I could have put up more photos for you! Maybe I'll get a chance this week... in the meantime, here is the HDIL tag from the fab ladies at
High Heel Confidential.

* I really want to visit Bollywood theme park
Kingdom of Dreams!

* Is Madhuri Dixit set to judge
Jhalak Dikhla Jaa? I can only hope we'll see her dancing, too!

* Amitabh Bachchan wants to
copyright his voice. Can you do that? Weird... I guess since he is a brand now but still...

* My boy Adam Lambert is going to be allowed to perform in
Malaysia but there is a 'no sexuality' clause. Don't fee bad, Adam, it's not an anti-gay thing but an anti-sex thing!

*
A Pakistani paper blames Bollywood for the global water shortage. There was an interesting article in last month's WIRED magazine about potable water in India... which I can't seem to pull out of their archives. Anybody read it?

*
This movie keeps sounding more and more disastrous.

While Ashutosh maintains that Abhishek is effortless as Surjya Sen, Deepika blew him over with her debut movie Om Shanti Om. "Abhishek is a superb actor and I thought he'd bring a lot of purity to the character of Surjya. He is effortless. Deepika's professionalism is her greatest virtue. She knows all her lines before coming on set and is committed. I liked her immensely in OSO, and I thought that she will only grow from there on as an actress, which she did. They complement each other very well on screen," Ashutosh added.

OH GOD! An Ashutosh directed period film starring Deepika and Abhi? You will have to pay me if you want me to review this one for you - and pay me quite a bit.

*
Deccan Herald shares an old story about Kishore Kumar.

Oh, darn!! The ferry is about to dock... sorry, folks!! I'll try to have some for you later. I have plenty of time to write this week!

3 comments:

Shell said...

lol! I just posted the Ashutosh film on my blog of movies I'd like to check out. While we differ in our taste for Abhishek, I never expect much from Deepika. We'll see if he can make a film worthy of his last with these two.

KS said...

Hi! Filmy Girl!

Ashutosh Gowarikar had lost it when he made "What's Your Rashee?" with Harman Baweja! So incompetent AB junior in KHJJS is really not a surprise!!!
What Say??
KS
bollywoodsphere.blogspot.com

eliza bennet said...

I love Abhi but aside from that, the trailer looked very good.


What's Your Rashee was awful but I actually watched it until the end and didn't totally hate Priyanka so it was not a total loss as far as I'm concerned.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl