Hello, all! We here in Washington, DC are gearing up for the big Jon Stewart Rally for Sanity this weekend... it is going to be CRAZY! While I was walking home yesterday, the cops closed down Pennsylvania Avenue for Obama to go from The White House to where The Daily Show is filming this week. You haven't seen a motorcade until you've seen Obama's motorcade.
* Let's all remember Nirupa Roy who passed away in October back in 2004.
Amitabh Bachchan recalls his long association with Hindi cinema's most beloved mother with fondness. "Working with Nirupaji was such fun. She was a warm and affectionate lady. She played my mother so often that we had actually begun to feel as though we were related."
* Time Magazine puts up a "Best of Bollywood list" that is heavy on the parallel cinema and not so heavy on Bollywood. As much as I enjoyed Jodhaa-Akbar, I certainly wouldn't call it the "Best" of anything - except shirtless sword-fighting scenes. There aren't even any DANCES! And where is Mughal-e-Azam? Mr. India?
Nice try, Richard Corliss but next time put more BOLLYWOOD in your Bollywood list.
* Abhishek hits back at Prahlad Kakkar for his hilarious assessment of Abhi's acting career.
* Mahesh Bhatt is writing a book, among other projects.
* MS Dhoni rescued Bipasha Basu from an unruly crowd.
* Barbara Mori is still trying to make a go of it in Bollywood despite the fact that Kites fizzled at the box office.
* Would you pick Kangana Ranaut to model your bridal collection? As much as I love her, this seems like an odd fit.
* Living in India and worried that you can't watch Judge Judy? Well, worry no longer since she will be coming to a new English-language channel!
* Lovely Bebo observed Karva-Chauth aka the Yash Raj Holiday for Saif Ali Khan. But don't worry that our Bebo is going all serious - she also got up to some pranks with Tusshar, convincing director Lovely Singh that their hotel was haunted.
And some reporter was butt-hurt that Bebo would only talk about Golmaal 3 at a press conference about Golmaal 3 and wouldn't answer his questions about her personal life. Because she was there to talk about Golmaal 3.
* Is Rajnikanth going back to work on this crazy-sounding 3D animation film? The last 30 minutes of which are going to be live action?
* Hrithik Roshan is doing a cameo in Don 2.
* Is our Cherry taking the lead in Welcome to the Jungle?
* Vivek Oberoi is getting married! And he invited Abhishek Bachchan.
* Dunno Y is having it's release date pushed back due to protests. Look, right-wingers, if HELEN can be in a movie with gay themes, then it must be okay!
Whatever HELEN does is okay!
How about some pictures from the Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey music launch?! But you can only see them if you wear the special dress code of red and white...
The Big B, the little B, and Aishwarya Rai.
How much do you want to bet that Deepika Padukone was ultra-jealous of glammed up Aishwarya Rai stealing attention at the music launch?
Miss "Acting is a lot like Modeling" with the re-launched Sikandar Kher and the Junior B.
Anupam and Kirron Kher. She always looks so luscious. I love Kirron Kher...
The Bachchan ladies... a more important question, however, is who is that white guy back there in red? Is he playing an EVIL BRIT in the film? Is he a journalist forced to have dressed up red and white?! WHO?
(Photo credit for all: Viral Bhayani)
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl