Happy Columbus Day to all my fellow Americans! If nothing else, I do appreciate that we get a day off because of his participation in the genocide of millions of Native Americans.
I was at a family wedding all weekend out at the Connecticut seaside so I unfortunately was unable to get on the Internet until now. Thank you all for you comments on my review of the Endhiran review! Memsaab also wrote a good post on the topic, so you should go read that, too!
Now... today's gossip!
* Happy Birthday to AMITABH BACHCHAN! I chose to take it as a sign that the Big B's big day and mine are so close together - a sign that I am awesome.
* In an odd but potentially big piece of cross-promotional marketing, Aakrosh (the honor killing film) is launching a clothing line on eBay. There have been a few other things up on eBay recently - a lunch with Amitabh, a gym trip with Sallu - and I wonder if this is the new thing in Bollywood...
* You all know I love gossip about plastic surgery and Salman Khan is rumored to have gone under the knife to remove his eye bags and Priyanka Chopra has gone under the knife (again), as well.
* Abbas Tyrewalla leaks news of some voice cameos in Jhootha Hi Sahi. The world still doesn't care. I mean, it's Abhishek, Imran, and Riteish... has anyone gone out of their way to see a cameo by them in anything?
* Akshaye Khanna emerges from his fortress of solitude to say this:
The 35-year-old Hungama star claimed that it is better to do fewer good films and spend time relaxing than to be constantly working making bad films.
No comment on his labeling his choice of films "good".
* Poor Bebo gets Punk'd.
* Madrasapattinam's Amy Jackson is replacing Trisha in the Hindi remake of Vinnathandi Varuvaya.
* Orange to be released on November 20.
* Ekta Kapoor orders extra scenes for Shorr and we all know to trust her judgement. This woman knows what's what.
* Get prepared for a new chocolate boy in Bollywood - Vivaan Shah, Naseer's son.
* Wake Up Sid director Ayan Mukerjee reunites with Ranbir Kapoor for a Youngistan ka WOW Pepsi commercial.
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl