Monday, October 11, 2010

Monday Gossip!

Happy Columbus Day to all my fellow Americans! If nothing else, I do appreciate that we get a day off because of his participation in the genocide of millions of Native Americans.

I was at a family wedding all weekend out at the Connecticut seaside so I unfortunately was unable to get on the Internet until now. Thank you all for you comments on my review of the
Endhiran review! Memsaab also wrote a good post on the topic, so you should go read that, too!

Now... today's gossip!

* Happy Birthday to
AMITABH BACHCHAN! I chose to take it as a sign that the Big B's big day and mine are so close together - a sign that I am awesome.

* In an odd but potentially big piece of cross-promotional marketing,
Aakrosh (the honor killing film) is launching a clothing line on eBay. There have been a few other things up on eBay recently - a lunch with Amitabh, a gym trip with Sallu - and I wonder if this is the new thing in Bollywood...

* You all know I love gossip about plastic surgery and Salman Khan is rumored to have gone under the knife to remove his
eye bags and Priyanka Chopra has gone under the knife (again), as well.

* Abbas Tyrewalla leaks news of
some voice cameos in Jhootha Hi Sahi. The world still doesn't care. I mean, it's Abhishek, Imran, and Riteish... has anyone gone out of their way to see a cameo by them in anything?

* Akshaye Khanna emerges from his fortress of solitude to say
this:

The 35-year-old Hungama star claimed that it is better to do fewer good films and spend time relaxing than to be constantly working making bad films.

No comment on his labeling his choice of films "good".

* Poor Bebo gets
Punk'd.



*
Madrasapattinam's Amy Jackson is replacing Trisha in the Hindi remake of Vinnathandi Varuvaya.

*
Orange to be released on November 20.

* Ekta Kapoor orders extra scenes for
Shorr and we all know to trust her judgement. This woman knows what's what.

* Get prepared for a new chocolate boy in Bollywood -
Vivaan Shah, Naseer's son.

*
Wake Up Sid director Ayan Mukerjee reunites with Ranbir Kapoor for a Youngistan ka WOW Pepsi commercial.

3 comments:

Sonia said...

I look forward to the Hindi remake of VTV now. Actually I'm not very impressed w/ Trisha's performance in VTV, despite I'm quite a fan.

I haven't seen Madrasapattinam but hope Amy Jackson's good :)

eliza bennet said...

"has anyone gone out of their way to see a cameo by them in anything?"

Guilty as charged, I actually watched Salaam Namaste for Abhishek cameo (and whenever he pops out unexpectedly it is such a treat) - but I'm in the minority so I guess your point still stands firm :)

Simran said...

Who cares about Kareena xD ! I was just glad to see Kunal after so long! And might I add, he was looking great :D

I'm liking this Vivaan guy already. Whoever makes life difficult for Saif Ali Khan is a friend of mine. :)

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl