Hello, hello! It is a gray, rainy morning here in Washington, DC and I am not looking forward to commuting in it. I'll just keep my mind on the soundstages of Bollywood and hope for the best.
* Salman Khan is hosting Bigg Boss.
I remember talking with Hard Kaur and her telling me that people kept trying to get her on all these stupid reality shows but she only wanted to do ones that involved some sort of talent - and I think she made the right choice.
You know who does those sleazy shows? Rakhi Sawant. And she has resorted to planting stories like this in the press:
It is said that Rakhi wants to make a film titled The Holy Bible based on the life of Jesus Christ. She claimed that Christ asked her in her dream to make a film on Him and cast Salman in the lead role. She recently met the actor while shooting the Bigg Boss and expressed her desire to cast him in her film.
Oh really? "It is said?" Nice. Well, it is said that Rakhi Sawant's career is on a steep decline.
* Arbaaz Khan gets mad at Shobba De for saying some inflamtory stuff about Salman and calls her "Elizabeth Taylor." Frankly, there are worse things in life than to be fabulous like Liz... although Shobba did say some remarkably silly things.
* Kareena Kapoor doesn't want to play mommy to Saif's kids. I have three words: YOU GO GIRL! Look, Saifu, she is a fabulous and busy lady who only has so much time to spend babysitting. If you aren't going to put a ring on it, you can't expect her to playact being a wife and mommy. Besides, I guarantee you that your kids don't want to hang out with every new girlfriend you have - spend time with them and let Bebo go do what she wants.
And PS Bebo, if you hook up with me... no fights about babysitting! Ever!
* Bollywood in Poland? Alas, it's just a C-list film...
* Piggy Chops and Ranbir are going to be reunited in Silence, thereby completing ruining my confidence in Anurag Basu's ability to cast decent actresses. To be fair to PC, I was very dubious of Barbara Mori and she turned out to be wonderful but to be fair to me, I've seen Piggy Chops in a lot of films and she has yet to impress me.
* The Ra.1 team calls a panicked meeting after the blockbuster success of Endhiran.
It has also been decided that a superhero film without the drama and emotions won’t appeal to Indian audiences. Says the source, “Shah Rukh feels Robot worked so well because it combines special effects with emotions and drama. In RA.One he wants the spectacle and the emotions in equal measures.”
* Jhootha Hi Sahi - the film that nobody, including John Abraham, wants to be released - is going to be delayed by a week. The silence is deafening.
Kangs on the cover of Verve magazine's BEST DRESSED issue!
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl