Another Thursday, another post full of Bolly-gossip!
I feel like I've been ultra-snarky recently and for that I apologize. I do love Bollywood but sometimes, amidst the ridiculous self-promotion from people like Abbas Tyrewala and pointless publicity pieces from the sets of middling films that clutter the filmi gossip pages everyday, I get kind of fed up with the Bollywood machine.
Why can't the publicity teams take a page from the classy releases of things like Endhiran? I don't think we heard one word about the film from Superstar Rajini either before or after the film...
I do try to be positive but sometimes it's hard. Anyways, let us see what is churning around on page 3...
* Kangana Ranaut seems like she has a good head on her shoulders.
"It was great working in a different genre. Although it is said that it is difficult to make people laugh, everything is tough. You have to really develop your skills, you are not born with dancing skills, comedy or serious acting, you have to make an effort to learn it."
I wish some star children (and former models) would take a page out of her book...
* Mallika Sherawat is going all for Hisss - she explains that she couldn't pee for long hours while wearing the make-up for the film.
* It's twins for Sanjay Dutt and Manyata!
* All of the releases from the last two weeks flopped. Emraan "solo hero" Hashmi's Crook brought in about RS. 1 crore. (Good thing his next film is about the porn industry.)
* This just in: Saifeena not getting married any time soon. Also, Bebo is NOT pregnant. (And then maybe they can report that I'm not going to be on the cover of Filmfare like we all wanted.... hee hee...)
* Zee Motion Pictures is going to court to get back advance payments from a handful of directors, including David Dhawan.
* Allegedly Shahid left the set of Koffee with Karan when asked about his relationship with Priyanka Chopra...
Aw, c'mon, yaar - not even a "we're just good friends"? Really? Should we be talking about your career instead because I have seen Badmaash Company and I don't know if you want to hear what I have to say.
* Priyanka and Lara Dutta are not getting along on the sets of Don 2. *crickets crickets crickets*
Okay, then, moving on...
* Shahrukh gives himself a racist nickname on the sets of Don 2.
He tweets, “Priyanka introduced me to sushi. Got to see so many varieties of cold fish on a cold nite. Feeling Japanese. My new name now is Wong Khan.”
SIGH. Wong is a not a Japanese name. Try calling yourself Khan-sama or something... MAJOR SIGH.
* Kamalistan has been sold.
* Inside Vivek Oberoi's wedding!
* Oh, John Abraham, for all my snark about Jhootha Hi Sahi I am actually a fan of yours.
"It's important to be a trend setter and not a follower. I can't do a film if people say that it's a commercial film. I can do it because of my gut feel, and I have learnt from that. Taxi No.9211 was a film I fell in love with from the first go and I did it, same with New York, and same with Jism and Dhoom. All the films I loved the second time and refused the first have failed."
See, the thing with John is not that he's a good actor (he's not) or that he is hot (which he is) but John is like Britney Spears in that he tends to pick quality films and directors who can make the most of his limited range. Not always, obviously, and I'm looking at you Garam Masala but overall, John Abraham in a film is enough to make me intrigued... but he's not enough to build a film around, which is just one more reason I'm worried about Jhootha Hi Sahi.
* OMG!!! Somebody was peering through the bushes at Ranbir Kapoor making out with a white girl.
According to the sources, Ranbir avoided his friends to get close with her. He also shared a kiss, in which mouth was just separated by a tiny cake.
I wonder who those "sources" were... *cough cough*
FG: [voice disguised] "Oh, hello? Times of India? I have a scoop! Beautiful, attractive, talented, ultra-hot white girl spotted making out with Ranbir Kapoor - her name rhymes with Shilmy Shirl. Got it? Red hair, blue eyes, and very buxom.
* Anybody who wants to hook up with Mugdha Godse has to put up with A LOT of bullshit.
"My ideal man should be compatible and always ready to take my tantrums," Mugdha told PTI.
Right. Good luck with that.
* Anil Kapoor is playing an Indian playboy in MI: 4.
* Meet the guy who replaced Abhishek Bachchan as the face (or butt?) of Flying Machine jeans.
* Which ladies have gone under the knife?
* Deepika and Imran are already signed for another film together. WHAT?! FILMI GIRL RAGE!!
That's it! I'm posting my stupid post about how tired I am of these fluffy rom-coms.
Because even Abhay Deol hated Aisha.
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl