The thing about visiting my grandparents is that we are not allowed to sign out of any of my grandmother's sites - gmail, facebook, etc. - because she will never be able to log back in! That includes blogger, unfortch.
It was a relaxing week but I'll be glad to get back home to the kittens and my sister!
Up on the docket this weekend are: Aakrosh and Knock Out! Whether I'll get to them is another story... I hope to get to Aakrosh at the very least.
Basically all I'm looking for out of it is this:
Pratap Kumar (Ajay Devgn) and Siddhanth Chaturvedi (Akshaye Khanna) are CBI officers who are sent to Jhanjhar, a district in the North, to investigate the case of 3 missing medical students that the national media has raised a hue and cry on. They reach the place to find inept, corrupt, cackling policemen headed by the worst of them all - Ajatshatru (Paresh Rawal).
If that is all Aakrosh delivers, it's good enough for me!
And then there is Knock Out which has this to say:
However, both Irrfan and Sanjay Dutt play the cat and mouse game with chutzpah and invest a nervous energy in the proceedings. The first half of the film does take time to build up the drama, but once it does, there's no looking back. Of course, Irrfan walks away with most of the applause with his mercurial act as the unpredictable target, but Sanjay too stands tall with his restrained vigilantism. Adding additional drama and -- masala -- on the fringes is the super-glam TV reporter, Kangna Ranaut, doing a catwalk on the crowded road, and snoopy cop, Sushant Singh, who refuses to put his ethics on sale.
Okay, Kangs doing a catwalk on a crowded road would seem to be unmissable! (For me!)
Now, what is happening in TINSEL TOWN!
* In shocking news, Bollywood movie is fantastical and unrealistic about real life. SHOCK!
In this case, people are mad that Emraan Hashmi's Crook doesn't tackle racism in Australia in a realistic way... um... who was expecting an Emraan Hashmi film to be "realistic"? What matters is if it's entertaining or not - I would venture not but then I haven't seen it.
* WHAT?! John Abraham has been sentenced to 15 days in jail. The incident in question happened like 2006 and he rode his bike into a person.
* Fox won a partial suit against the makers of Knock Out - they claimed it was a copy of Phone Booth. I HATE THESE SUITS! Are they using the original script? No. Are they using the original footage? NO! Information wants to be free!! What if Shakespeare or the Grimm Brothers or somebody had to pay copyright on every story they repurposed? This drives me so crazy... corporate greed at its most ridiculous.
And for the journo's calling out "blah blah Hollywood remake blah blah" - you know what? I haven't seen Phone Booth or a lot of the films that are allegedly remakes and I guarantee you that most of the audience hasn't either.
* Anil Kapoor's role in Mission Impossible 4 is delaying production on two Bollywood productions.
* Trisha claims to have no hard feelings about her flop in Bollywood.
The grapevine has it that you were upset about Gautham roping in Amy Jackson...
I swear that I never knew about Amy Jackson. Who is currently doing the film is not my concern as I have walked away from it. I have no hard feelings, as Gautham Menon had given me a fantastic role in the Tamil VTV, which got me critical acclaim and box-office success.
* Shahid Kapoor is allegedly avoiding Shaad Ali's calls... to be fair Kismat Konnection was kind of a crappy film. The premise was good and Shahid and Vidya were good but the script was AWFUL.
* This article on Sonam Kapoor's cover of Cosmo is worth reading for the superb purple prose.
Glamour is not just a part of her identity as an actress. Sonam Kapoor is naturally glamorous with dollops of oomph and style which any Bollywood actress would find it hard to match. That’s why Cosmopolitan’s special Fashion October issue chose Sonam for their October 2010 ‘Red Hot Fashion’ edition.
Sonam is very stylish but I would humbly disagree on the author's definition of 'oomph.' Ms. Stylish is down again with typhoid aka "exhaustion."
* Bollywood's Hottest Bachelors!!! Take you pick ladies and gents!
Kunal Kapoor: Handsome, sensitive and with that lean physique, Kunal Kapoor is the typical Mills and Boon like TDH, cool dude.
* Tusshar Kapoor gets punk'd by his cast-mates of Golmaal 3.
I'm going to post this before it's too late... see you laters, people!