Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wednesday Gossip!

Hellooooooo, Wednesday! Are you ready for another Filmi Girl kind of day!?

Let's see what today holds for us!

* Lakme Fashion Week is coming up! Read the
inside scoop on Bollywood showtoppers.

* Find out how to look like a
Bollywood star!

Been dreaming about a perfectly poised pink pout? Whether it is modish Katrina Kaif in dusty shell pinks in Singh is Kinng or the petite Genelia D’ Souza in Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na, floss is back in the cosmetic sweepstakes.

Go for glossy textures during the day and creamy concoctions for evening wear. First make frugal yet clever use of a concealer or liquid foundation to blot out blemishes like freckles and acne scars. Choose an eye make up palette in soft breezy colours. Brush lightly a pastel choice (rose or a carnation offshoot) across your eyes. Frosty accents in eye shadow ‘bring out’ your eyes, making them look like limpid pools. Cream eye shadows are for a shimmering evening. “Prep your lids through a spot of foundation, followed by a light dust of translucent powder for a long lasting appeal,” says make-up artist Vipul Bhagat.


* While a lot of Bollywood films have been flopping the last few years, there is one product that it continues to export
middlingly talentless actresses. From Frieda Pinto in Hollywood to, now, Karishma Tanna to Sandalwood. I guess they can't all be Pooja Bhatt and Ramya.

* Kick with Salman and Sonakshi is ON like DON! Shirish Kunder is directing, which only makes it that much better. Y'all know my deep love for Jaan-e-Mann! Shirish got a fantastic performance out of Salman in that!

* I have a feeling that this is going to be the USP of the
Italian Job remake (now titled Players) - Sonam is going to be looking like a skank or as the article puts it:

The girl will fill her wardrobe with short, sexy clothes for the film and the onus of making her look hot, like never before, is on the capable shoulders of Anaita Shroff Adajania, the fashion director of Vogue India.

Yup, the same woman who did Aishwarya's skanky look for
Dhoom 2!

* Sonam Kapoor is also getting chided for her behavior on the sets of Thank You

* Manoj Bajpai
on the two films coming out about Surya Sen.

"There is no harm if people get to see Masterda in two films. Abhishek is a good actor, he will play it his way and I will play it in mine. I don't see why we should be compared."

Something tells me that there will be no comparison... If Ashutosh Gowarikar couldn't coax a performance out of Harman Baweja, I don't think he'll be able to get one out of Abhishek.

* Anurag Kashyap is getting hassled by social networking fakers.

* Rishi Kapoor is on Facebook!

Rishi seems to have a lot of young fans. He says, "I'm surprised at how many youngsters connect with me on Facebook. I sometimes suspect they want to connect with me only so they can get in touch with my son. But these kids insist they are my fans, and so are their mothers."

OMG! I want to go friend him right now!! Do you think he plays Farmville or posts links to bizarre political rants with the caption
lol or is just like your dad on Facebook?

Ranbir Kapoor Feeling ganstaaaaaa! Gonna get my drank on later...
1 Hour ago · Comment · Like
  • 2 people like this.
    • Harman Baweja LOL @ your dad r we gonna pick up ur gurl kat l8r
      About 1 minutes ago · Like

4 comments:

123 said...

Okay, you definitely need to make more of BollyFacebook hahaha. This was way too funny!! :)

Filmi Girl said...

Yay!!! I'm on it!! :D

Shell said...

LMAO! For reals! I could read Bolly facebook all day.

So Sonam is going to look like a skank. I don't think she has it in her to pull it off, not like Aish did. I guess you can always play dress up though.

bollywoodstylediaries said...

Is that facebook image for real?? LOL!!!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl