* Happy birthday to the Nightingale of Bollywood!! Lata Mangeshkar is 81, although for some reason I thought she was already in her 90s. Was she really only born in 1929?
* I want to be there: Shahrukh and Global Bollywood, a conference in Vienna.
(Why wasn't I invited?! WHYYYYY?)
* Sachin Tendulkar wants to be an actor. Maybe we should direct him towards Space Jam for a taste of the actor-athlete.
* Anybody want to bid on lunch with Amitabh Bachchan? Bids are already up over 13,000 dollars.
* Aishwarya Rai is going to be Manish Malhotra's showstopper at HDIL India Couture Week and I cannot wait!
* Shut up about The
"The Indian character would have a far greater depth. The Hindi remake will retain the fun and thrills but we saw only one side of Ed Norton in the original. However, my character is 100 times meaner than him."
Look, bro, you missed it! Remakes of Hollywood are so 2010, next year it's all about building on the success of Dabangg.
* And, speaking of remakes nobody wants or needs, Karan Johar has writer's block. I guess they weren't showing anything good on the plane from London to Mumbai. Ah, well, at least that means we won't be getting that remake of The Proposal starring Madhuri Dixit and Ranbir Kapoor. (Actually, I want that remake - Karan, darling, get on it, hmm?)
* In more remake news, the Telugu 3 Idiots is using sync sound, which should be interesting!
* Priyadarshan battles the censor board for Aakrosh.
“This is the first time in my entire career of 25 years and 81 films that a film of mine has got into censor trouble.And I am not amused. On the one hand I am accused of selling-out to mindless comedies.None of my supposedly mindless comedies have ever got into trouble. On the other hand when I make an issue-based film it gets stuck.How will I do something meaningful when our moral guardians don’t seem to believe in my vision?”
He says the violence is necessary to tell the story and I believe him.
* Tusshar has not fought with his sister and they have not parted ways professionally. Actually, I bet there was a fight and it went down like this:
Tusshar: I want to be more popular! Why didn't you put me in Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai?
Ekta: Be a better actor and I will put you in popular movies. And stop whining, I'm letting you do that movie with your new 'friend' Sendhil Ramamurthy and I threw you that party. Now, go practice your dance steps for Golmaal 3 and let me work.
* Sonakshi Sinha biffs it on the runway at Lakme Fashion week. (Poor thing!)
* Akshay Kumar did this thing for free at the Hong Kong charity fundraiser.
* Aamir Khan puts in a good word for Salman Khan at the Dabangg success party.
"I am very happy that Salman's Dabangg got such a big success. That's why I have come to give him a hug and congratulate him. I would always pray that his film makes 10 times more than what 3 Idiots did."
* And two words: Partner 2.
Watch Sonakshi take a dive...
And this poster = UNF!!