Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tuesday Gossip!

How is everybody today!? Well, I hope!

How is everybody in Bollywood today? Let's find out!

* Drew Barrymore is playing a
white lady in an Indian film. I'm so tired of Drew Barrymore. What the last thing she did that was even remotely watchable? Ever After?

* Rishi Kapoor is
still suffering from an inferiority complex! South Africa is hosting a retrospective of his work but all that poor Chintu takes out of it is that India has yet to recognize him.

Says Rishi, "I've not been recognized as an actor in my own country. From September 16, South Africa hosted a retrospective of my films to celebrate the 150 years since the first Indian went to South Africa. They've chosen eight of my films. I don't entirely approve of their choice- Bobby, Karz, Chandni, Laila-Majnu, Prem Rog, Luck By Chance, Love Aaj Kal and Chintuji. I'd have liked films like Damini, Amar Akbar Anthony, Hum Kissi Kum Nahin and Doosra Aadmi to be shown."

Complains Rishi, "I feel so dejected when I see other actors far more junior than me being recognized by the Indian government for their work. I'm being recognized in various parts of the world. But not in my own country."


Poor Rishi! But, bro,
Hum Kisi Se Kum Nahin is a really terrible film. You are great in it and the songs are fantastic, but the movie itself is horrible. And I know, I've sat through it.

* Akshay Kumar is committing himself 100% to
Action Replayy and only dressing in retro clothes for the next few weeks.

He talks about his
first international production.

Q: Why does ice hockey form the backdrop of Break Away'?

A: Toronto-born Vinay Virmani, who plays the lead role, also wrote the script for the film. Since he has played ice hockey all his life, he has woven this sport into the script nicely. I liked it very much as did everybody else. So we decided to turn the story into a movie.

Remember that field hockey is very popular among Punjabis or Sikhs back home in India, and I am told they equally love ice hockey when they come here. So I thought they will find the same kind of excitement and fun in ice hockey in my film. I am also told that the CBC (news website) offers running commentary in Punjabi on this sport.


* It's amazing what one film can do -
Endhiran is so heavily anticipated that when it pushed its date back to Oct. 1st, JR NTR had to push back Brindaavanam to Oct. 8th. (Get 17 facts about Endhiran.)

* This just in: Priyanka stinks at
TV presenting. Ya, we already knew that! Wearing booty-shorts doesn't make you a good host.



Endhiran SONG PROMO! I can't wait!!

And some pics from Lakme Fashion Week!



Manish Malhotra, his ladies, and Sophie Chaudhary!





PREITY AND RANI!!! (Can it be 1999 again? KTHXBAI)



Sonakshi Sinha, the new IT GIRL, was there with her mum.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

If I were Rishi, I'd also prefer people to see Amar Akbar Anthony or Hum Kisi Se Kum Nahi rather than Chandni. Chandni is a good Sridevi vehicle, but for Rishi -- not so much.

Filmi Girl said...

@Cindy That is also a good point. :D

It seems really Rishi to manage to find so many things to complain about this festival honoring him, though, doesn't it? He's not the world's most pleasent person. LOL!

Rum said...

Okay I am in love with that picture of Rani and Preity, they were so spunky together back in my childhood, them being sisters in their film together, I wished me and my sis were that fun!

Bluemay said...

Thanks for including the link for the interview with Rishi. Neetu could not accompany him to South Africa because Ranbir just got back from one month in Prague. They cannot leave him home alone, per Rishi. LMAO when I read that. Ranbir turns 28 next week but Mummy and Daddy cannot leave him at home alone. :)

Tady Rox! said...

What!?! No mention of of Bebo's Birthday!???!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl