Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tuesday Gossip!

Good mornings!

I hope everyone is well on this fine Tuesday!

Let's hit the gossip!

* Neetu Chandra continues to be offensive - remember that "lesbo" comment? Yeah. Well, today with her name being dragged into the Pakistani cricket scandal, she has
this to say about Pakistani cricketer Mohammed Asif:

"He's too dark. He looks so kaala".

So therefore she would NEVER have been involved with him.

Ugh.

* After bumper paid previews,
We Are Family fails to take off. Maybe word of mouth wasn't that great... (at least that's what I heard!)

* Shahrukh Khan did a
drive-by appearance at Salman's Dabangg screening. Maybe he liked Salman's quote about not liking when people badmouth any of The Three Khans in public.

* Mallika Sherawat (
Hisss on October 15th!!!!!!) says that Sanjay Dutt is more handsome in person. I can believe it.

* Ajay Devgn is fighting his
smoking charge. I don't get why this is such a big deal - IT'S JUST A CIGARETTE!

* I love when
Asha Bhosle talks about her career.

"My energy is my lifeline. I cannot do without it. I am planning to open the ninth outlet of my restaurant Asha's in Dubai," said Bhosle, adding that she only concentrates on the menu while the financial aspects of the business are looked after by her son Anand.

Please tell me that she is opening a restaurant here! Who wouldn't want to go eat at Asha's?!

* Sonam Kapoor talks about
Thank You and I have a feeling that Akshay is only giving thanks for Sonam's all-girl entourage.

"I travel with my four companions all the time. Akshay just grins each time he sees them. I've never met anyone as hard-working as Akshay. He's ready before everyone else and rehearses each scene 50 times. And his comic timing is so hard to match."

Pssssst! It's called "being a professional," Sonam, darling. You should try it some time.

* Speaking of professionals, Abhay Deol says he'll never endorse
skin whitening creams.

"Also I will never endorse Fair & Lovely because it makes the generation believe that you are nice and successful only if you are fair.

This is a very demeaning thing and I would never want to be a part of something like that."


* And more professionals - Aishwarya Rai has declined the offer of
a lot of money for a personal documentary.

* Shahid Kapoor has backed out of
Vishal Bhardwaj's latest project.

* Vikram and Rani Matnam are in Venice to promote
Raavan. I bet Mani is wishing he had put Raavanan in competition...

PICTURES FROM SALMAN'S SPECIAL SHOWING OF
DABANGG!





Aw....! Aamir is probably like, "I told you that the
masala reboots were a good idea, bhai!"



Sonakshi Sinha looks DARLING! I love her!



Another Filmi Girl favorite... Kalki Koechlin!



Salim Khan and his old friend Manoj Kumar!



Waheeda Rehman!



HELEN-AUNTY!



Asha Parekh and Shammi!

You are all looking lovely, ladies!

3 comments:

larissa said...

Wow, that article about Sonam was published today but the news is about a month old. She was here in Toronto at the beginning of August, but (according to her Twitter) she's back in Mumbai now.

Filmi Girl said...

@larissa

Yeah, I know even Akshay isn't in Toronto anymore but I just loved the bit about Sonam's entourage!! SO FUNNY! E

Michael Barnum said...

Loved the pics of our yesteryear stars! I just want to have lunch with each one of them!!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl