Good morning!!!!! Let's hit the gossip!
* Maybe hit is the wrong choice of words, considering poor Katrina Kaif was hit in the nose by Imran Khan on the sets of their new film.
Says Katrina: "I am pretty bruised but the staff feels its good luck for the film. But it was a funny scene so I think it was worth it."
* Hisss will feature the erstwhile princess of Travancore as comic relief.
* Bebo is doing an item number in Golmaal 3!
* Gorgeous Aindrita Ray (Manasaare) is moving from Sandalwood to Bengali films and the even more gorgeous Namitha is heading down to Sandalwood.
* Akshay Kumar's ice hockey movie will be released in India, too. I hope this is good because it combines two of my favorite things - Akshay Kumar and ice skating films. Speaking of, why hasn't Akshay remade The Cutting Edge with Katrina Kaif yet?
* Shirish Kunder (grumpily) talks about writing the theme for Tees Maar Khan. I love the man's work but he seems like a really unhappy person.
* Is Vidya Balan doing a cameo in Thank you?! (I bet they wish they had gotten her for the female role instead of Sonam... because Vidya is a professional actress.)
* Why do people keep casting Deepika Padukone in lead roles? I don't get it.
The lady speaks: ""Acting is a lot more challenging [than modeling]. There are a lot more risks, lot more things at stake, and I also think, when a film does well, then there is a lot more sense of satisfaction."
I have one word for the Break Ke Baad trailer: YAWN.
* Apparently Sajid Nadiawala wasn't too thrilled either, as he tried to prevent the release of the trailer with Anjaana Anjaani.
ENOUGH WITH THE "YOUTHFUL" ROM-COMS! I blame the success of Jaane Tu for all of these boring, Hollywood-style films that have been cycling through the last couple of years. The reason I stopped watching so Hollywood is that I was tired of following the on-screen adventures of over-privledged youngsters (or "youngsters" *cough* Saif in Love Aaj Kal) with nothing more important on their minds than flighty romance and finding "the one" to the exclusion of all else in their lives. THAT TROPE IS HORRIBLY DULL.
Do I care if Imran and Deepika's characters hook up or not? No. No, I do not. What about Ranbir and Priyanka? Nope. Do I care about SUPERSTAR Rajni beating up rowdies and robots? Yes. Very much so.
* Shankar says that the special effects are the USP of Endhiran.
* Aishwarya Rai says:
Q: Do you believe Robot can be real?
A: We do have an image in mind since childhood about Robots who can do things for us. But here Shankar has redefined Robot through the medium of cinema and made him into a character having human traits so you start developing feelings for this Robot and Sana feels the same for this Robot in the film.
Look, I can't make this stuff up!
* The producer of Udaan tears apart Peepli Live.
Sanjay Singh said, “Aamir Khan is a very talented and respected actor. His film Peepli Live is good but to say that it is deserving of India’s entry to the Oscars is open to debate. While the subject of farmer’s suicide was dealt with in an interesting way, the media issue has been seen in some 100 odd movies these days.
There was nothing new in it. Only merit plays an important role in the selection of films for the ‘Best Foreign Language’ film category in the Oscars.”
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl