Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thursday Gossip!

"We are fam-i-ly! I got all my sisters with me!"

I'm sure that's the chorus going through everybody's head as the reviews for, yes,
We Are Family begin to trickle in.

Taran "Spoiler Alert" Adarsh
says:

We Are Family is the kind of film that should work instantly with ladies and when ladies watch such films, they bring their spouses and children along. Recommended!

Preeti Arora
gives you a dose of snark:

It's not just the kids and Kareena who are confused. Arjun Rampal can't keep his hands off Kareena Kapoor initially. Once he realises his ex-wife has cancer he loses his libido. He moves back home and behaves like the true grief-stricken husband. And not once does he make a single overture towards Kareena. And she doesn't mind. After all she has to be a mom. And it's safest to depict moms as asexual creatures.

And Saibal Chaterjee
splits the difference:

We Are Family looks pretty. But then which Karan Johar production doesn’t? Trouble is there is little in the film that could take your attention away from the surface-level inducements.

The takeaway seems to be that Kajol is excellent but the script is ripped off from umpteen Hollywood family films and Bebo and Arjun aren't given much to do.

So... I won't go out of my way to see it, then. I'm saving up my money for
DABANGG!

But what else is happening in B-town?

* Anurag Kashyap prefers working with
newcomers because they behave better than big stars.

* The launch of
Double Dhamaal brings out Anil Kapoor and Aamir Khan!

* Meiyang Chang is hosting a
horror-reality show!

* Aamir Khan is
cockteasing us with Dhoom 3.

"Yes I am in discussions with Yash Raj, but but will sign or not sign after I come back from the Toronto Film Festival."

* Trisha is in for the remake of
Love Aaj Kal.

* The big Hindi releases for Eid may just be screened in
Pakistan.

* Saif Ali Khan is rumored to be dropping out of
Race 2. Two points - 1) funny how nobody is bashing Saifu for dropping out like they did for Kat dropping out of The Italian Job and 2) I love that the WORST EVER picture of Saif is used in this article.

* Katrina Kaif is choosy with her
endorsements.

"I endorse the brands which I have used before. It's not that these brands are running behind me. But I sometimes hope to endorse some product, and they come to me. I am quite lucky."

PICTURE TIME!!

At the
Double Dhamaal launch!



Sanjay Dutt looking happy and healthy!



A dashing Riteish Deshmukh...



STUNNING Kangana Ranaut!



O HAI JAVED JAFFREY!



Everybody's favorite stud muffin... ARSHAD WARSI!



Anil and Aamir get things rolling!



This movie is going to be SO FUNNY!



If Hollywood's two biggest stars agree, it must be good... right?!

1 comment:

Farhana said...

It seems like Saif really just doesn't have dates to offer for Race 2, while Katrina just walked out on The Italian Job for a better offer from Yash Raj. And without discussing it face-to-face. So I think that's where the bashing comes from =)

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl