Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saturday Gossip!

Good morning, everyone!

I went to see a
Hollywood movie last night... Easy A! My brother and I both enjoyed it, although I was kind of shocked to see that the audience was mostly female.

ATTN MEN: JUST BECAUSE THE MAIN CHARACTER IS FEMALE DOES NOT MAKE IT A "CHICK FLICK."

(And don't forget to read my take on
2010 so far in Bollywood!)

* Vivek Oberoi walks out of an interview
after being asked about Salman Khan.

* Now that Salman Khan is a power player again, everybody is
over-analyzing his every move.

Says a close friend of Salman’s, “So far Salman never believed in show-sha. Recently, he got himself a professional company to manage his business for the first time. With his newly-enhanced media-friendly image and the rich dividends it paid off in Dabangg, Salman is now very conscious of how much proper presentation and packaging matter. The Dabangg success party will give a clear signal to the industry: Salman and his family are in showbiz for the long haul.”

O RLY? And they weren't in the long haul before?

Salman is also rumored to be taking an interest in the career of
Luv Sinha.

When will see Sallu next? He'll start filming his
scene in Tees Maar Khan on Monday.

(And will he get
75 crores rupees for Kick.)

* More speculation over
Shahid and Priyanka... are they together or aren't they?! DO WE CARE? (No.)

* Asin is going to be
back on our screens!

Yes, Asin's hands are full now; she is currently doing Kaavalan in Tamil with Vijay in the lead, and Ready in Hindi with Salman as her co-star. “I have confirmed two more Hindi films for which shooting commences in January-February with two young and hot stars of the day. Sorry, I will not be able to reveal more details till then,” says Asin.

And she can thank
Bodyguard for losing out on Kakha Kakha.

“Initially, it was to be directed by Gautam Menon who had done the original too. I’d played Maya in the Telugu version, so I know the character inside out. But then Nishikant Kamath stepped into the project and by the time he came back to me with the rewritten script, I had started shooting Bodyguard and didn’t have the dates. So Vipul, Nishi and I mutually agreed to let this pass. I didn’t refuse the film because of language or money problems as has been reported,” she reiterates.

* WHAT? The extra 'y' in
Action Replayy is for numerology reasons?

Shah recently disclosed that he had changed the spelling of 'replay' in the title for numerological reasons.

I never would have guessed!

*
Outlook India looks over the indie releases that showed at TIFF.

* Ashutosh Gowarikar has had his
budget and running time cut on Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey.

Ashutosh Gowariker chose not to reply to our calls and text messages. We also tried to contact his wife, Sunita Gowariker, who is actively involved in the making of all his films.

She did not reply. And neither did the PR agency representing the film.


I'm glad somebody is finally telling him what needs to be told. His movies are too long. And I don't even mind long run times but there was at least half an hour of material that needed to be axed from Jodhaa-Akbar.

*
AKSHAY AND KAT in Prabu Deva's next film!! It's like God is making a movie exactly for me!

* Ranbir Kapoor says he's not going to marry an
actress.

"There are no specifications as such…not that I want a girl of 5’4 height only, or anything…she should be a nice-hearted, simple girl, who respects elders…yeah…that’s good enough," he added.

*
Endhiran will release on October 1st.

* The Houston Press thinks
Bollywood is hilarious. Craig Hlavaty runs down what he considers western-influence "Bollywood." And, yes, the not even in Hindi "Bollywood Thriller" is on the list.

Broseph Stalin over there needs to do better research. No "Bol Baby Bol"?! No "Aaja Aaja"?!





OMG I CANNOT WAIT FOR
ACTION REPLAYY!

Aish and Akki are so cute!



Mallika Sherawat is looking gorgeous in yellow at Lakme Fashion Week!

3 comments:

Rum said...

NOOO NOT LUV SINHA!!!! I was a very bad film critic and posted how I thought Luv was such a loser in Sadiyaan and the guy responded back with his facebook page full of followers! I'm a bitch I know, but seriously I'll censor my words, "The man is earnest but does not win over the Masala Pradesh ruler Rum, and that is a bad sign all around!"

Anu Russell said...

Hey I think they postponed the release of Endhiran :( me is sad

Filmi Girl said...

@rum HEEEEEEEE! I think he's a wet noodle, too. ;D

@anu Really? Last I heard it was still Oct. 1st but maybe the 'international' release was pushed back? I'll look into it.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl