Saturday, September 11, 2010

Saturday Gossip!

Good afternoon, all! It's all about Dabangg this weekend! I posted my review here.

BUT FIRST - SHINEY AHUJA'S MAID HAS GONE
MISSING!!! This is the shadiest story... all of sudden she says she was lying and now nobody can find her? And her family has been gone for TWO WEEKS?! Yeah, there is something really suspicious going on here.

Maybe she didn't get paid off - maybe her family was held hostage until she agreed to revoke her claim.

*
Dabangg beats 3 Idiots at the box office.

*
Outlook India on the return of SALMAN!

Most of all, Chulbul comes to theatres at the right time. We are nearing the end of the year and haven’t had a single film which has ‘entertained’ in the classic sense of the term. “There’s been a virtual drought. And Dabangg has been pitched and timed very well,” says Mehta. As another exhibitor puts it, “It has been a long spell of rozas. Time now to lay out the Id feast.” With Salman Khan cooking it up, it’s bound to be spicy.

The article also includes a nice collection of Salman's best one-liners!

* Moustache's are now
in!

The moustache has come out of hiding, and is now right under our noses… Literally. Salman Khan himself had commented on the trend saying, “The look is popular among men in the interiors of India, especially among the guys who want to look older than they are. It makes them feel macho and rugged.”

* Cops had to be called to Salman Khan's house to
disperse the fans who had gathered, hoping for Eid wishes!

* Sonakshi Sinha is making it
a trilogy with Salman - she's doing Mr. India 2 and Kick with Salman Khan.

* The second of the Three Khans - Aamir - is in
Toronto to promote Dhobi Ghat.

"You feel it when you are outside of India,” the soft-spoken Khan says in a Friday interview, describing the differences at home and abroad. “When I am here in Toronto, I just feel that the entire weight has been lifted off of me and no one knows who I am, for the most part. So that is a big relief and I appreciate that when I am outside of India.”

* Olivia Newton-John might be
Bollywood bound.

* Konkona Sen Sharma and Ranvir Shorey are starring together
in a film together! Jackpot!

* Akshay Kumar is doing a stage show with
Priyanka Chopra! (ZOMG!)

* Katrina Kaif is going to be doing a dance to
Chumma Chumma De De for Tees Maar Khan.

* Chiranjeevi is making a
comeback

Also, when I saw
Dabangg last night, I caught the trailer for Anjaana Anjaani and I have to say that I really, really don't want to see this. Priyanka looks like she is going to be inhabiting all the worst stereotypes of the Manic Pixie Dream Girl. UGH.

1 comment:

honeycombveils said...

What??? Akshay, Priyanka, Katrina AND my boy Hrithik live onstage in Vegas?!
I say let's go baby, Viva Las Vegas!(Hrithik alone would be worth the trip..)

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl