Saturday, September 4, 2010

Saturday Gossip!

Good mornings! It's the weekend! Who is excited?!

Has anybody seen
We Are Family yet? I can't bring myself to sit through it... (even though the first trailer of Action Replayy is supposed to play with it).

I'd much rather be watching Yograj Bhatt's
Pancharangi starring my man Diganth!



I can guarantee that it will be a better film by about a million percent because, for one thing,
Pancharangi is not a remake of 1998 Hollywood film Stepmom. And secondly, Yograj Bhat is one of the most creative directors working in Indian films right now while We Are Family director Siddharth Malhotra is designer Manish Malhotra's nephew.

* Speaking of... Siddharth Malhotra wants
Rishi and Kareena as father and daughter in his next film.

* Check out a picture of
Ranvir Shorey in his wedding clothes!

* Ranbir Kapoor is so tired of his personal life being talked about that he is refusing to talk to his
Rock Star co-star off set.

* Yash Raj Films are not putting out films by
debutant directors in 2011.

* Aishwarya Rai won't let her husband work with
Katrina Kaif. And I, for one, am totally fine with that decision because it means I won't have to suffer through Abhi to see my Kat on screen!

* Piggy Chops is
in for Race 2. And can I tell you how tired I am of these casting stories. WHO CARES?! It's Abhi! NO, it's Saif! No, it's Neil Nitin Mukeh! No, it's bored gossip writers trying to fill column space!

* Let's see something more interesting... the Censor Board has
banned the trailer for Knock Out because of a comment made by Irrfan Khan's character:

Apparently in the trailer, when someone wonders aloud why the Rs 1000 note is pink in colour, Irrfan retorts: "Because it is created from the blood and sweat of the common man."

The common man isn't getting much play in Bollywood these days - and studios wonder why their airy-fairy upper middle class fantasies keep flopping.

* Kangana Ranaut talks about her
outfit in the film:

"I didn't want to be in the same outfit for 40 days, but I had no choice. They had seven sets of the suit, which I would change every alternate day. I got fed up wearing the same clothes, as in other films I am used to wearing so many fashionable, glamorous and sexy outfits."

But, hey! At least she wasn't covered in blood or running through the streets of Seoul barefoot! OR IS SHE?!

* Salman Khan speaks about
the hit-and-run case.

"Even today when I pass through the turn near American Bakery to my house it hurts. When my eyes fall on that spot, my heart pains even today.”

He also made a cheeky comment about
Himesh Reshemmiya!

* Sink your teeth into
this rant on Bollywood celebs!

The standard-bearer of new Bollywood’s narcissistic materialism is, of course, Shah Rukh Khan, who will happily plug cancer-causing fairness creams for an extra buck. A man so self-effacing that he had to be "bullied" into a 10-part series dedicated to showcasing his fabulous life, including his luxurious homes, designer wardrobe and jetsetting vacations.

* And then take the other point of view with
this post on Bollywood celebs!

Some big names seem to be on Twitter only to remind the world about their desirability, but the tweets are nevertheless revealing. Some stars can’t spell. Some have a childlike view of the universe. Others have a refreshingly off-kilter view of the world, which doesn’t always emerge in interviews.

And just to prove the point, Hrithik Roshan just tweeted this picture of himself as a young lad, assisting his father on the sets of
Karan Arjun.

3 comments:

never-evil said...

I find it adorkable that Salman is the only person who comes off looking "cool" or remotely good looking in this picture hahaha

honeycombveils said...

What a sweet picture! I kinda fancy my boy Hrithik in the slender look..

eliza bennet said...

never-evil I agree with you!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl