Thursday, September 30, 2010

GQ Men of the Year Awards

Okay, look - I work in a fairly formal environment and I see people in suits all day long. Some men know how to wear them and some don't. Suits make some men look like they are James Bond and others like they are waiters at a mid-level restaurant.

I bring this up because the outfits at the GQ Men of the Year Awards are kind of leaning heavily towards the "waiter" end of the spectrum with a few exceptions.

Who wears the suit best? (I'll save my answer for the end.)



Abhishek Bachchan and lovely wife Aishwarya Rai!



Aamir Khan looking kind of schlubby...



Ranbir Kapoor forgot to shave...



Arjun Rampal is two steps away from the Jersey Shore...



Abhay Deol added a
chapeau to the outfit...



I appreciate the fact that Naseer was shot horizontally... he is looking very nice, though.



Chunkey Pandey added a splash of color with his tie choice (maybe shopping buddy Riya Sen picked it out.)



Purab Kohli is on his way to Vegas circa 1982. I swear I've seen him in this suit before, too.



Rahul Bose at an unflattering camera angle...



The man they invited the acronym GQMF for... Rahul Khanna.



Abhishek Kapoor at his smouldering best... but, what? No tie? What is this - the Republicans Promise to America press conference or something?



And Anurag Kashyap. Thank god for Anurag Kashyap.



The forgot-to-shave twins Ranbir and Arjun mess with Ayun Mukerji...(I just thought this was cute!)

Obviously the winner is Rahul Khanna but feel free to leave your favorites in the comment section!

5 comments:

Ness said...

Yeah. Rahul is the clear winner. Because some of these good looking men should really know how to dress better. ABHAY LOOKS TERRIBLE.

Bollyviewer said...

Rahul K, Rahul K, Rahul K... Wait... you already said that! :D

AB Jr. is wearing a waistcoat? I thought only grandpas do it! Besides, waistcoats make me suspect that there is paunch behind them, held in place by the waistcoat-corset. :D

bollywoodstylediaries said...

Abhay deol:-)

never-evil said...

Seriously, Rahul really is such a GQMF *fans self*

Beth said...

I had to look up what GQMF means but now that I know, yeah, Rahul all the way. Not that it will surprise you that that's my vote, but still. JE DAMN, in the words of one of last season's Project Runway contestants.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl