Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday Gossip!

Good morning!! I hope AAL IZZ WELL!

Can we get a couple of things straight?

1) I'm so glad everybody is leaving feedback on my Salman Khan piece but please understand that I wasn't bashing Salman Khan at all. I don't think he's a great actor but I think he even would admit that. I do think he can be very compelling on screen, though, and the point to my post was that it is nice to see back on top again. That's all.

2) I am REALLY TIRED of the
crabby reviews of Dabangg. Who went into the film expecting anything remotely serious?

What is a film without a proper script, amazing locations, and momentous scenes? It was a matter of fact in the 90’s. But, today it doesn’t matter until and unless the screenplay and techniques are worked out significantly. So is the case with Abhinav Kashyap’s film Dabangg. It is a blockbuster hit at the box-office. Yet to look at it technically it lacked certain script. The reason Dabangg carried off well and crossed the landmark created by 3 Idiots is Salman Khan, nothing else. Who would like to miss a Salman flick? Impossible it is.

See - this is the kind of business I'm tired of reading. Really? All that stuff happened in the 1990s? Proper scripts all the over the place for Govinda in things like
Aunty No. 1, is it? Get off your high horse, reviewer.

And as far as Salman Khan making the hit... he hasn't had a box office hit since
Wanted. And before that it was Partner in 2007. I don't think people had any trouble passing up Veer, so get your facts straight. People went to see Dabangg because it looked fun, exciting, and fresh and that is exactly what it was. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Now, let's see the daily gossip!

* Ranbir Kapoor will not be participating in the
Neetu-SIngh-along because he hated watching her films.

"I used to feel bad watching my mom onscreen when I was a kid. I used to think she is my mother and no one should be judging her. I felt very protective of her."

* Who is ready for a film about
Salman Khan's life?! What if it was called Anna Salman?

* Prabu Deva (who directed
Wanted) is making a film for Sanjay Leela Bansali.

* Kajol and Ajay have named their baby
Yug. Is that a common name? At least it's not "Apple Martin" or whatever.

* Kangana Ranaut got caught with a wardrobe malfunction -
a busted seam - at Manyata Dutt's baby shower. Poor thing!!



The lovely Kangs also feels like Anurag Basu wants to typecast her and
she's worried about working with him in the future - especially since he cut her out of Kites.

*
Sonu Sood talks success.

"Abhinav is still working on the script. But, there are plans to shift the premise to Maharashtra, so maybe my dialect, style and body language too will suitably change. I will play Chhedi's twin, so I have to make this character different and memorable. It's a challenge I would love to take."

HE'S GOING TO PLAY HIS OWN TWIN IN
Dabangg 2!

* Take a peek at some of Bollywood's
most expensive costumes.

* The
Guzaarish promo is set to release with Anjaana Anjaani on the 24th. (And take a look at Hrithik's magician look.)

* Harry Baweja is going to produce
TV serials.

THAT'S HOW WE ROLL!

Enjoy the promo for the production blog of
Golmaal 3!



I think I am one of like 5 people who is a little too excited for
Golmaal 3.

1 comment:

Kaitlyn said...

SLB + Prabu Deva?

Get AR Rahman to do the music and Mani Ratnam to do the writing and the universe will explode.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl