Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday Gossip!

Hello! Hello!

* First of all,
congratulations to Konkona Sen Sharma and Ranvir Shorey who are getting married today!

* Enjoy this
hilarious review of a film called My Name is Kahn [sic]:

In one scene Kahn [sic] is turned away from attending a Bush fundraiser because it is for Christians only. In another, African Americans in a rural Georgia town seem straight out of a 1940s caricature, complete with a Buckwheat look-alike and a church congregation that literally breaks out into "We Shall Overcome" during a Katrina-like flood.

In an effort to appeal to dance averse Americans, the typical, lavish musical numbers are nowhere to be found, though some of the extended montages feel like a nicotine patch trying to sooth the urge to break out in song.


* I don't know if you have been following the Pakistani cricket scandal but
the match-fixing made the Daily Mail.

* Bollywood just isn't hitting the big scandals these days... the Telugu industry has theirs and Pakistan has theirs but all Bollywood has is
alleged threatening phone calls, Ajay Devgn getting fined for smoking cigarettes, and the Big B's complaints about Internet trolls. YAWN!

* Speaking of smoking, because of cigarettes, the
Guzarish trailer won't be shown with We Are Family.

* Kangana Ranaut is
out of Midnight's Children.

Also, Kangana's sister,
who had been disfigured by an acid attack, appeared in public without a veil! Cheers to Rangoli for being so brave.

* Katrina Kaif
forgets Imran Khan's existence.

Mr. "Who's that?" Khan is doing a cameo
in a South Indian movie!

* The hit trio - Sajid Khan, Sajid Nadiawala, and
Akshay Kumar will be working together again!

* Sameera Reddy
doesn't want to date!

“My mom keeps telling me that I should find a guy for myself. She is fed up of me that all I do to spend my idle time is to travel to different places in the world. She really wants me to get hitched now.”

* Juhi Chawla:
still making movies.

"There may be gaps in between, but I am not going anywhere. I have a film called I Am. It has four short stories and in one of the short stories called 'Medha', Manisha and I are playing the lead."

1 comment:

redsarah said...

Maybe the MNIK reviewer has a thing for Madeline .... Hello, handsome, is that a ten-gallon hat or are you just enjoying the show?

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl