Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wednesday Gossip!

Good morning! Don't forget to be reading my Step Up 3D review! And don't forget to be go seeing the film if you get a chance!



Why would you want to miss THIS in 3D?!

Now, what is happening in B-town!

* There is
yet another fight over unpaid wages from a foreign shoot of a Bollywood film - this time it's Mausam.

* The
Wall Street Journal ponders last weekend's The Expendables and says it's Hollywood's first multistarrer.

*
Zach Galifianakis wants to reprise his role in the Bollywood remake of The Hangover. That would be EPIC.

* Apparently Arjun Rampal didn't just quit
Don 2 - he wanted too much money!

*
Sonakshi Sinha has been cast in Kick! Is it weird I'm already Team Sonakshi even though I haven't seen her perform yet? I just love Shotgun that much!

* Ali Zafar is doing well in Bollywood! He has just snagged Riteish Deshmukh's former role in the upcoming
Yash Raj Imran-Katrina starrer. (Kats is the new lucky charm of YRF, don't ya know!)

And his countryman Atif Aslam (who is alive!) has also
signed a film... Shoaib Mansoor's Bol.

*
John Abraham doesn't like asking filmi friends for favors when it comes to film promotions.

I would have helped you out, John! Go ahead and ask next time.

* Why is this happening to me? Ekta Kapoor producing. Yes. Vishal Bhardwaj directing. Maybe. But
Saif-Deepika starring? NOOOOO! Do I trust that Ekta will make a fantastic and commercial film or do I go with my instincts and run away from that creepy jodi?

* This just in: Vidya Balan is
adorable.

"My biggest dream of becoming an actor has come true…I am working with people I always wanted to work with. You have struggled a lot to make it big in Bollywood… I faced a long period of rejection. I am thankful to my friends and family, whom I could turn to for strength and support. I am someone who has prayed a lot…that’s the way I have been brought up. My initial days were the true test of my prayers…which is why, in very early in my life, I realized the true meaning of surrender. At one time I was even scared to look at the mirror because that reminded me of all the ugly words people used to say to me."

* The South ban on
Asin could continue.

* Will Shahid Kapoor join Ranbir on his
WORLD TOUR!? I can only hope... yes!

1 comment:

Shell said...

I could not even imagine Zach Galifianakis in a Bollywood production, but one thing is guaranteed - it would be hilarious. I'm sure I've read, but have they announced who else is going to be cast in the remake?

Too bad about Arjun, but that's what happens when you get greedy, if reports are true. Wonder who they'll replace him with.

Also I am so with you on the Saif-Deepika thing. If they couldn't do it the first time why keep trying. some things just don't go together.

Heading off to read your Step UP review.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl