Hello, world! My allergies are acting up today, so please forgive me if I'm a bit cranky.
Shall we see what kind of gossip Tinsel Town has for us today?
* Nicholas Cage is joining the cast of Vinod Vidhu Chopra's Broken Horses. The film is in English and will be shot in the United States.
* Karan Johar is excited about 3D.
"I am so excited that the 3D technology is now available to filmmakers like myself. It will literally add a new dimension to our story telling and creative expression.
You know what this means... MAMA JENNY: IN 3D.
* The publicity blitz for We Are Family continues with more quotes about what the film isn't.
Says Karan Johar: "The film is not melodramatic. There are emotions but there light moments too"
Everything I read about this film just makes me nervous. Karan and the cast are so defensive about it: it's a remake but it's not a remake; it's a family film but not melodramatic. Why, oh why didn't Karan Johar just write a nice weepy unapologetic family-oriented script based on the idea of a stepmother moving into a family and just leave it at that?
* Shahrukh Khan's wife Gauri expresses some opinions.
However, as far as children are concerned it is Gauri Khan’s writ which runs through the house and Shah Rukh rarely interferes in that. In fact, Gauri feels that Shah Rukh spoils the children—Aryan and Suhana--by his indulgence and it is Gauri who has to maintain a stricter regime to keep them under control.
* Mark your calendars: Ra.1 is out on June 3, 2011.
* Anjaana Anjaani shot in Las Vegas but everybody behaved themselves *wink wink*
Quiz [Siddharth Anand] on who hit the jackpot most and he diplomatically chooses to remain quiet. However, he admits that “Priyanka is not a gambler and Ranbir gambled only to kill time.”
Chopra is a foodie though. Anand insists that she could out-eat anyone on the team without putting on an extra ounce.
First of all, it's called an eating disorder, darling, and second of all if Priyanka and Ranbir weren't out at the casinos until at least 5am on at least one occasion then I'll eat my hat.
* Boney Kapoor is going to launch his son - maybe even opposite Sonakshi Sinha.
* Chetan Bhagat learned his lessons with 3 Idiots.
* Ex-Idiot Sharman Joshi talks about his current projects.
* Vikram is in the gym getting buff for his next role.
* Is Bollywood's next power-jodi going to be Zayed Khan and Dia Mirza? They are joining forces to produce a film. And, actually, I don't think they would be a bad match! I've always had a soft spot for Zayed, who always tries his best. This could actually be a good thing for them, if they pick the right script.
* Salman Khan and Shotgun Sinha have become good friends.
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl