It's a rainy Tuesday here in Washington, DC and how I wish I could spend all day curled up on the sofa watching films but, alas, a girl has got to eat and therefore I must go to work.
Let's see what is happening in Bollywood today - besides Soha Ali Khan's MMS scandal!
* One of the big stories floating around is that Slumdog Millionaire's Frieda Pinto feels unloved by Bollywood. The quote where she says so is in a New York Times article that I can't seem to find online - although I did find this:
(Is Frieda looking a bit too thin or do I have my "I've been watching too much South Indian film" blinders on?)
But I read the article in the paper and let me tell you something - possibly the reason that nobody takes her seriously in Bollywood is that her appeal in Hollywood is that she is 'exotic,' something directly referenced when the NYT talks about her role in the upcoming Woody Allen film. Indian girls aren't all that exotic in India...
* Learn more about John Abraham's Aashayein!
* Congratulations to Prakash Raj and Pony Verma on their wedding!
* Vidya Balan's shoulder injury delays Urumi.
* Cell phones have been banned from the sets of Tees Maar Khan.
* If there are two words that never, ever, EVER belong together it is size minus and sensuous. Apparently, Bebo is being told to keep a 'size minus' figure for her upcoming film with Imran Khan. WTF?! So, Karan Johar is aiming to have Imran play opposite Skeletor? Bebo looks so much better with a little meat on her bones... this totally sucks.
Says Karan: "She has to sport a short haircut and I also want her to try and get herself into a size minus (not a size zero) because she has to match Imran Khan perfectly for my film tentatively titled Short Term Shaadi."
How is size minus matching Imran Khan? Does she have to try to match his success rate in Bollywood (ba-BOOM!)? Why not have HIM match her, since she is the bigger star...
Just for that, I'm going to speculate over Karan's private life on Twitter... something we all know he hates.
* Karan Johar did show some common sense by cutting out some racist scenes from We Are Family... so, Mama Jenny doesn't live next door to Arjun? That's too bad!
* Shabana Azmi and Urmila Matondkar will be doing a play together!
* Irrfan Khan is a big star in Canada! (This is actually a cute story!)
* See, kids, be sure your love is the forever kind before getting inked. Deepika is getting her Ranbir tattoo removed.
* Collections for Lafangey Parindey were well under expectations. It was pretty much trounced by Peepli Live.
* After some excitement with Hrithik's Blackberry tweeting on its own (cool stuff like "UUU"), Mid Day reports that Hrithik is 'working hard' on Zoya's Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara.
* Another entertaining tale from the sets of Madhur Bhandarakar’s Dil Toh Bachcha Hai Ji. Apparently, Shazahn Padamsee is being called "Schezwan Chicken" behind her back. Hilarious! And based solely on following her on Twitter for a few days and the report of her calling her mummy when Vivek Oberoi tried to talk to her, I have a feeling she deserves the teasing.
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl