Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tuesday Gossip!!

Good morning, all!

Nothing too exciting happening in gossip but I have to share my latest obsession with you... Janelle Monae!

Here is her official video that I can't embed and here is Janelle performing live:



You will not regret watching this!

Janelle is 5"0' of AWESOME!



Girl has stage presence and I love the tuxedo look - nobody has pulled this off since Marlena Dietrich. But even better is the fact that her album is GOOD and full of surprises. She mixes up Sun Ra style lyrics with loopy hip-hop/60s and 70s Brit pop beats with just a dash of musical theater. I caught some Willy Wonka, some "Strawberry Fields", and some "Hey Ya" all backed by the Arkestra.

I'm going to see her next month and I'm super-pumped!

So, now, BOLLYWOOD!

* Some widows of farmers who committed suicide feel that
Peepli Live trivializes the issue and want a clarification from Aamir Khan.

* Gauri's father is
in the hospital.

* The British media confuses Tamil films with
Bollywood while gushing over Madrasapattinam's Amy Jackson.

* Are Kangana and Salman now
BFF (Best Friends Forever)?! The gossip pages have them all but married.

Just recently, tabloids reported that right after the success party of her lates film Once Upon A…, Kangana went straight to Salman‘s house and was seen leaving the premises in the wee hours of the morning.

* But Salman and Govinda are
on rocky ground due to Salman's promotion of Sonakshi Sinha. Govinda wants his daughter to be given the ol' Sallu magic launch.

* Suriya is not
shifting to Bollywood.

“I have never pushed myself for Hindi cinema. If I get to do different roles that excite me then I will surely love to do Hindi movies. But I will not stop doing films down South."

* Sajid Khan is
casting young in his next film, so say good-bye to the dream team of Akshay and Sajid! (Also, it just occurred to me that Chunkey Pandey's character of Aakhree Paasta in Housefull must be a play on the Big B's Aakhree Raasta! Yes/Yes?)

* Vidya Balan IS doing the
item song in Urumi - although apparently, it's going to be "artistic."

(I was going to make a comment about "artistic" butt shots but then decided against it - you're welcome.)

* Where are you going to be next year? The answer is
at RANBIR KAPOOR'S WORLD TOUR!

* Priyadarshan was
in then out as director of Anil Kapoor's Freaky Friday remake. And YES, PLEASE to Kirron Kher as the mother. Actually, Anil-ji, can you please cast Sridevi as the mummy? (Please?)

* Atif Aslam
is not dead.

2 comments:

honeycombveils said...

Isn't Ranbir a little green around the gills for a world tour? Whatever happened to paying your dues?
Yes, he's a fabulous dancer but is that enough these days to carry a year long tour, that people will have to shell good money to see? He's not THAT big yet.
It seems a bit premature to me, like Kenneth Brannagh writing his autobiography when he was 28.

Anita said...

I agree with honeycombveils. How can Ranbir have a tour when he's barely had enough movies with songs to dance to?! :P Rocket Singh, Wake Up Sid and Raajneeti didn't have chart-busting music or anything...

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl