Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tuesday Gossip!

Good morning!!

You know that I was sadly prevented from going to see
Aisha this weekend but one woman who wasn't was Shweta from Apni East India Company and she posted her review, which is probably close to what mine would have been.

(And P.S. Shweta also does very funny comics
which you should go look at!)

Now... GOSSIP!

* The ultra-cool, glamorous, mega-wow, talented, oh-my-god-she-was-in-Maxim Sonam Kapoor is
going to Hollywood.

Somehow, I don't think that means we'll be getting a break from the Sonam PR Team. Seriously, Rhea! You don't need to send out 20,000 press announcements on everything Sonam does!

* Kajol is planning on taking a
break from acting after her second child.

* Is Mallika Sherawat coming back to
Bollywood?

* Neil Nitin Mukesh likes
'dominating girls' - by which I think he means that he likes girls who are domineering.

* Says Lara Dutta:
I never look cheap. I believe the Internet has a saying for these occasions... O RLY? She never looks cheap?

* Good luck to Sunny Deol, who is undergoing
back surgery.

* Fardeen Khan has shelved the
Qurbani remake. Is it me or does Fardeen seem extremely troubled? I wonder if he shouldn't get a room in rehab next door to Lindsay Lohan...

* Watch Aamir Khan on
the BBC and read about all the letters he's been getting from villagers.

* This
bizarre story about a Ranbir pouring soda on Priyanka's head is making the rounds. I have no idea why - it doesn't sound like a prank, it sounds like Ranbir got agitated with Piggy Chops and dumped soda on her head.

* Rishi wants Ranbir to
settle down and allegedly this is how it went down:

Rishi: How was your day today, son?

Ranbir: Great! Promotions for
Anjaana Anjaani are starting and I went sho--

Rishi: By the way, I'm putting on an addition to the house.

Ranbir: Nice, dad! Are we getting a pool?

Rishi: Yup, an addition. I'm putting in a big bedroom, sitting room, nursery...

Ranbir: *spits his delicious Youngistan Ka Wow Pepsi out* NURSERY?!

Rishi: Oh, you know...
just in case

Ranbir: In case of what?! Is mom having a baby?

Rishi: No, it's for your wife's babies.

Ranbir: *spits out more Pepsi* MY WIFE?!

Rishi: Say, did you hear that nice Oberoi boy let his parents arrange his marriage? What do you think of Anil's daughter?

Ranbir: *makes a swift exit stage left*

Rishi: *e-mails
this article to Ranbir*

3 comments:

Christine Menefee said...

First thought on hearing Sonam going to Hollywood? "Oh good - then I'll never have to see her again." Insipid is too good a word for her performances.

Christine Menefee said...

PS had to come back and add this - another great comment on Aisha :) http://jaiarjun.blogspot.com/2010/08/on-historical-importance-of-aisha.html

Shweta Mehrotra Gahlawat said...

2 Mentions! wow! thank u so much!!!!
Exclamation pts aside, much thnx for the v kind mention- I've been feeling guilty that Im too snarky, so u encourage me :)

I've a feeling Sunny is right here in SoCal- last few times he and his dad had his surgery done where my mom wks, so I will ask her tonight if he is admitted again.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl