Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tuesday Gossip!

Good morning!

Let's see what is happening in B-town!

* Enjoy a surprisingly on-point
analysis of Aisha from The New Yorker.

* Charting
filmi weight loss.

* Dia Mirza enjoys junk food
once a week. What a terrible way to live.

* Pretend to be a house-hunter in Bandra and get a peek at
Saif and Kareena's apartment.

* Also, it's been a comedy of errors for
Agent Vinod. Note to the production staff: x-rays will damage film.

* Prabhu Deva's
Itch has finished shooting.

* If they both bring their A-game, the John-Katrina
jodi might be okay. The film will be directed by Nishikant Kamat who did Mumbai Meri Jaan.

* Sanjay Dutt and Ajay Devgn want a
young, fresh face for Rascals. Because there is nothing young women like more than heroes over the age of 40 (or pushing 50, as the case may be.) Rascals needs one more hero... what about Rajesh Khanna, boys? You know he enjoys a young, fresh face!

* Rahul Bose talks
playing gay for I am.

*
That Girl in Yellow Boots is going to Venice.

* Enjoy the interview stylings of
Kalki Koechlin as she talks with the fabulous Steven Baker!

* The
Guzarish trailer will run with We Are Family... but don't that's enough to tempt me into the theater.

True story: my sister works for a TV station that runs a lot of international programming, including the Asian Variety Show, which plays Bollywood news and videos. Well, they showed "Pretty Woman" from
Kal Ho Naa Ho and my sister had to e-mail me right away about how awful it was. I told her, just wait until you see "Jailhouse Rock" from We Are Family.

* Vikram is doing a Malayalam film
gratis.

"My fans in Kerala have been waiting for a long time for me to act in Malayalam films. This is my gift to them."

* The
Endhiran OST is selling really well!

I know we've all seen this trailer but for some reason, I'm actually looking forward to this movie!



Maybe it's the fact that it's Yash Raj, so I know it's going to be overly emotional, which I like...

4 comments:

Anishok said...

Aw, it maybe SRK's orange cargo pants, but I really LOVE Pretty Woman. Not only the picturization, but even the song (it kinda grew on me). But it's true that "jailhouse rock" KJo style is atrocious.

Bombay Talkies said...

No no no. Lafangey Parindey looks WAY too much like a rip off of Ice Castles for my liking. I haven't seen that movie in ten years and I knew the second the trailer started where they'd gotten their "inspiration" for this story. Which is too bad, b/c I like Neil and Deepika.

Michael Barnum said...

Wow, is Neil looking so hot? I will not like the boxing scenes, but otherwise I think it looks like a nice movie.

eliza bennet said...

The problem I have with the trailer is how lustreless (I'm hoping that this is the right word, I'm thinking dim in the visual sense) the leads look. It looks like a Korean drama, something I would have loved if starred other people than those two. I'll probably check it out since I like YR style but I'm not looking forward to it.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl