Hello, world! Are you ready for some juicy gossip?!
Well, let's see what the gossip pages have for us today!
Top Story today: The MAUSAM production team has been given just one more day to pay what they owe the Scottish workers or they are going to court.
* Bollywood is gearing up for the iView Festival in New York! A whole bunch of people are confirmed to attend and Bipasha Basu herself is giving a (pre-recorded) speech. My opinion of Bips has improved about 200% since seeing her in Pankh and this just raises it higher... 250%!
The festival homepage is here.
(And according to my sources, Mr. Arshad Warsi will not be attending due to a scheduling conflict - Dhamaal 2.)
* Anil Kapoor may be too cool for Priyadarshan now that Anil has gone all Joe Hollywood on us but Subhash Ghai has just signed on to do a project with Priyan.
* Badmaash Company's Meiyang Chang talks about the music business.
"There are no takers for pop music in India today. Even the album of singers like Kailash Kher had no takers because today there’s more focus on Bollywood music. I remember there was a time when both pop and film music was doing very well. I hope that that time comes back."
He's also in talks to do a film on the China-Tibet conflict, which could be really interesting.
* Salman Khan has a special connection with the police - something I'm sure he got to explore a lot while he was in jail.
* Vidya Balan is experimenting with South Indian film but she turned down Chiyyan Vikram!? WTF? She's agreed to be a part of Mathilukalkkappuram which will star Mammooty.
* It's Kunal Kapoor for Don 2!
* The Times of India brings you a conversation with Atif Aslam.
"Although life and death are in Allah's hands, I found solace in the saying that such rumours add to your life! Meri umar aur lambi ho gayi!"
* Salman confirms his split with Katrina.
* Peepli Live is not going over well in rural areas.
* Ranbir Kapoor won't dance in Rock Star.
* It's a cast change for Hera Pheri 3 - Abhishek Bachchan, Nana Patekar, and Sanjay Dutt. Nana, yes, but the other two... ughhhh... This has disaster written all over it.
Enjoy a song promo for "Dhatad Tatad" from LAFANGEY PARINDEY, which opens tomorrow. The promotions have been pretty light and I don't know if that's good or bad. This also seems like it's going to be a montage-song film instead of a picturized-song film which makes Baby Jesus and Filmi Girl very sad.
So have this song, too!
"Prem ki naaiya hai ram ke bharose/ Aapni ki naaiya ko paar tu lagai de..."
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl