Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thursday Gossip!

You may notice that I'm a wee bit late with my gossip this morning. It turns out that I wasn't just being bitchy the last few days, I actually am sick. So, I am home recuperating with two very cuddly kittens.

Let's see what is happening in Tinsel Town!

* We'll start with a rounding up Sonam's ridiculous promotional moments!

Sonam "eats"
Hagaan-Dazs ice cream.

"I am glad to be present at Haagen-Dazs to unveil Aisha's Chocolate Journey ice cream creation. In the movie Aisha, my character enjoys blissful moments with Haagen-Dazs ice cream. Personally, I am a huge fan of Haagen-Dazs ice cream. I think that it's the best ice cream in the world."

Does anyone actually believe Sonam eats ice-cream? This is the girl whose father bought her a
sugar-free diet cake for her birthday last year. Just as a reminder not to get porky.

* PR fun with Cyrus Sahukar and Lisa Haydon from
Aisha.

Guess what? They both thought the book was boring!

* Have some more PR fun with
Amrita Puri, who plays Aisha's friend in Aisha!

Though she is just a newcomer, the thin girl does show an attitude and does not even come forward to part with her cell number, even after I finished the interview. When I met the petite lass at the coffee shop in the J.W. Marriott, where she traipses with her entourage consisting of her two PR managers, she gave me a clich├ęd statement. “Right from the time I was just a tiny tot, I had always been interested in acting. I love the stage. I felt that it is quite tough to make it in films if you are not hailing from a filmi family. Moreover, the profession is full of uncertainties and hence I did my post graduation in Mass Communications.”

The rest of the article is pretty funny. What on Earth does Amrita Puri have to be defensive about? Shouldn't she be trying to butter up journos instead of giving them attitude?

* It's official! Imran and Katrina for
a Yash Raj Film in 2011.

* Will Hrithik finally
stop smoking?

* Tusshar Kapoor is playing the villain in
Bullet!

* 800 weeks of
DDLJ!

* While I would like to believe the rumors of a
Preity-Aamir film coming up, I don't want to get my hopes up.

* Now, this may sound odd coming from me but I'm looking forward to Deepika's skating in
Lafangey Parindey. I thought she did a great job with the stunts in CC2C and roller skating might tap into more of her physical talents than dancing or "acting."

"At first, I trained in Mumbai with a local trainer. And then, Adi (Aditya Chopra) and dada (Pradeep Sarkar) flew down professional skaters from Italy. They wanted to make sure that whatever I do looks professional, exactly like we see on television."

Also, I love the idea that we all sit around watching roller skating on television.

* Kajol is adorable and addictive.

Says director Siddharth Malhotra:
"Kajol is addictive. No one can work only once with her. She kept me on my toes. If you work with her you better do your homework, or she will grill you. Karan has taught me to know my characters on my finger tips."

* If there were two things that would keep me away from a film, they are
Chetan Bhagat and the Aish-Abhi jodi. Ugh.

* Sonu Sood is playing
Amitabh's son in an upcoming Ram Gopal Varma film.

Here is the highlight of the story:

The project, earlier titled Bhudda: Don't F..K With Him, is now titled Bhudda: Panga Nahin Lene Ka. Apparently, Ram Gopal Varma - the film's producer, was keen on the earlier title but the 'F' word didn't go down too well with Big B.

Imagine Amitabh's face when he heard the original title!!

"What? You want to call it what?"

* Emraan Hasmi is kind of
clueless.

“Everyone told me that I should do multi-starrers, but I stayed away. I knew that if I started doing multi-starrers, I will lose my ground as a solo lead. I was confident about my acting skills, and it made me take the decision to concentrate on solo leads. I was arrogant, but it has paid off."

Um... correct me if I'm wrong but aren't some of Emraan Hasmi's big hits multi-starrers?
Gangster had that creep-o Shiney Ahuja in it, Raaz 2 had that douche Adhyayan Suman, and Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai is the definition of a multi-starrer.

That's not to take away from his solo act in
Murder but Emraan is strictly a B-list Hero as a solo act. It's been his teaming up with Ajay (who brushes the B-List from time to time himself) that has pushed his credentials.



I'm going to have to see this, aren't I? Ranbiiiiiiir!



And I wish I could see this... (Courtesy of
Ness!)

3 comments:

Farhana said...

Wow, it's been a ridiculously long time since I've been excited for a movie like I am for Anjaana Anjaani! Hope it rocks my world =)

eliza bennet said...

Get well soon Filmigirl!

So many goodies today.
3 Mistakes of My Life is the weakest Chetan Bhagat novel and the leads are young for Abhi and Aish but I don't mind watching Abhi and if this turns out to be bad, I'd treat it as eye candy.

I guess this is the first time resembling AB - and this bringing on comparison which he inevitably fails - worked for Sonu Sood.

redsarah said...

Oooh, Sonu Sood and AB - now that'll please my Mum.

I'd love to see another Aamir-Preity film (or another Aamir-Kajol one) but I'm betting it's as concrete a rumour as the "Aamir in Dhoom3" one ....

Get well soon, Filmigirl - Haagen Dazs was made for sore throats ;-)

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl