Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday Gossip!

Good mornings!

It's Sunday! Let's see what is happening in Bollywood!

* Ajrun Rampal calls Kareena Kapoor the
Sachin Tendulkar of Bollywood.

* Read about Vivek Oberoi's
moustache.

* Then read about the
changing culture of Bollywood filmmaking.

Indian film-makers have now realised that such pre-release controversies about affairs or raking religious sentiments have become passé. Even appearing on TV channels, writing on social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, etc, has stopped working.

* Nagesh Kukunoor is
excited about Aashayein.

* Somebody
finally points out that Jane Austen isn't a Victorian novelist like Sonam Kapoor kept chirping she was.

That sounds like a smart sound bite coming from a Bollywood actress, and then you realise Sonam Kapoor (unwittingly) ends up sounding more like her clueless Aisha character - because Jane Austen isn’t a Victorian novelist! It’s obvious that the movie takes its inspiration from Hollywood recycling Austen (Alicia Silverstone in Clueless and Gwyneth Paltrow in Emma) than from any original literary source.

* Three words:
Bollywood Sherlock Holmes!

* Genelia instead of Priyanka in
the Agneepath remake?

* Breaking news:
Amitabh dated Rekah! (Not really "breaking" news but it's a slow news day...)

1 comment:

redsarah said...

I admit I've only ever seen Rajit Kapoo in Ghulam but based on that I can so see him as Sherlock Holmes. Please let this happen!

Am I the only one who thinks Hrithik should stop signing up for films where he dies? It's strange but I can cope with any other hero dying but not Hrithik and I'm convinced the audiences agree with me. I mean look at the evidence. Hrithik dies = flop. Or am I alone and sad?

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl