It's Sunday! Let's see what is happening in Bollywood!
* Ajrun Rampal calls Kareena Kapoor the Sachin Tendulkar of Bollywood.
* Read about Vivek Oberoi's moustache.
* Then read about the changing culture of Bollywood filmmaking.
Indian film-makers have now realised that such pre-release controversies about affairs or raking religious sentiments have become passé. Even appearing on TV channels, writing on social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, etc, has stopped working.
* Nagesh Kukunoor is excited about Aashayein.
* Somebody finally points out that Jane Austen isn't a Victorian novelist like Sonam Kapoor kept chirping she was.
That sounds like a smart sound bite coming from a Bollywood actress, and then you realise Sonam Kapoor (unwittingly) ends up sounding more like her clueless Aisha character - because Jane Austen isn’t a Victorian novelist! It’s obvious that the movie takes its inspiration from Hollywood recycling Austen (Alicia Silverstone in Clueless and Gwyneth Paltrow in Emma) than from any original literary source.
* Three words: Bollywood Sherlock Holmes!
* Genelia instead of Priyanka in the Agneepath remake?
* Breaking news: Amitabh dated Rekah! (Not really "breaking" news but it's a slow news day...)
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl