Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sunday Gossip!

Good morning!!!

I hope everyone is well today!

If you missed it, I posted my review of
Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai - so go check it out!

You know what? Among other things, it was SO REFRESHING to go see a Bollywood film that wasn't a remake of something. Despite the fact that it was aiming at a retro feel, the story was more original than many of the other films that have come out this year. Balaji Films is becoming synonymous with quality filmmaking and we can all thank Ekta Kapoor for that!

Now, on to today's gossip!

* Shammi Kapoor looks back at
Mohammed Rafi.

"I am incomplete without Mohammad Rafi. I used to often go for the recoding of my song, which was sung by Mohammad Rafi, only because I used to like telling him how I would perform on this song on screen so that he can sing it that way. Even he liked my involvement."

* Is Priyanka Chopra joining Hrithik in Karan Johar's
Agneepath remake?

* Priyamani seems like she has a
good head on her shoulders.

“I don’t think that just because we’re from the south, we’re less talented or glamorous than B-town heroines. And no way are we inferior to them. "

*
BOLLYWOOD MOUCHES!

* Mallika Arora Khan is doing an item song in
Dabangg. I feel like I knew this already but it's worth repeating...

* Rahat Fateh Ali Khan is in
trouble with the police for not showing up for a scheduled performance.

* My girl Ekta Kapoor is teaming up with
Dibakar Banerjee again.

* Akshay Kumar says good-bye to his
Khiladi persona for film roles but we may still see the Khiladi in ad films.

"Mr Bean is universally liked. Chaplin is a loser; he never gets the girl in the end. Playing the loser is not easy. I don't want to take the easy route of playing the super-hero any more. I'd rather play Mr Bean than James Bond. My characters should have a heart and a funny bone."

(And the collective Akshay No. 1 Ladies Fan Club lets out a huge sigh of admiration.)

* Balle Balle! Jimmy Shergill's
Mel Karade Rabba is a hit in Canada!

* Rajshree Ojha
talks directing. (And I can't tell you how it warms my heart to see all these female directors making waves in Bollywood! Farah Khan, Zoya Akhtar, Leena Yadav, Anusha Rizvi, and now Rajshree Ojha!)

* Aishwarya attends the
Endiran music launch!

* Ranbir Kapoor has picked up
guitar!

1 comment:

John said...

Lata's personal tribute to Rafi on his 30th death anniversary:

http://www.thehindu.com/arts/music/article528270.ece

Some excerpts:

"Rafi bhaiya was not only India's greatest playback singer but also a wonderful person. I am yet to come across another artist so modest, dignified and unassuming. The blessings of Goddess Saraswati were with him and this was responsible to a great extent for his iconic success and he believed in true sadhna."

"He was one singer whose vocal range could outclass any other singer, whether it was me, Asha, Mannada or Kishore bhaiya."

"It is very wrong to say that Kishore Kumar overtook Rafi bhaiya in the early 1970s.Kishore was no doubt at his peak, but Rafi bhaiya was equally effective with Tere naam ka diwana, Gulabi aankhen, Yeh duniya yeh mehfil and Tum jo mil gaye ho. Even Kishore bhaiya never felt he was ahead of Rafi."

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl