Saturday, August 21, 2010

Saturday Gossip!

Good morning, everyone!

I went and saw
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World last night and I have to say that I was underwhelmed. First of all, the promised Bollywood number was not only not a Bollywood number, it was also extremely lame. Second of all, the main girl Ramona Flowers had no personality. I wanted the entire movie to be about Knives Chau and Scott's gay best friend Wallace Wells (as played by Kieran Culkin). Scott and Ramona could have died in a fire about 10 minutes into the film and it would have improved things about a million percent.

Anyways, even though
Lafangey Parindey has gotten some terrible reviews, I might still go see it. The train wreck of Deepika playing blind and the prospect of a giant dance-off at the end should be enough to entertain me all the way through.

* Top story today... PR flacks make up stories!! This
news comes from the investigating team over at SAWF who have some screenshots proving that the Anjaana Anjaani trailer did NOT receive the number of hits that the Times of India said it did.

The article ends with this awesome statement:

The truth is: despite their talent, both Ranbir and Priyanka are widely perceived as being yawns by the young people who throng multiplexes.

BURN!

* Apparently, the police have got ahold of the names of
65 Tollywood insiders who are regular drug consumers and have told them to clean up their acts or the list goes public!

* In other scandalous news, Kangana Ranaut is
down with malaria but I can't help but think that "malaria" is code for "surgery" and we'll see her emerge with bigger breasts or lips or something and claim "the mosquitos did it."

* Our dear Steven Baker
tells that the Amar Akbar Anthony remake has been shelved after all.

* Bollywood jumps on the television show to movie
bandwagon with a movie version of Khichadi.

* John Abraham
playing a warrier in a period drama? Yes, please!

* Akshay Kumar's
no beard plus turban look in Patiala House has come under fire.

* We've heard rumors of this before but Hrithik might be doing a
double role in Krrish 2!!

* Ranbir Kapoor cheated on
Deepika Padukone! (Um... is anybody surprised? He is a Kapoor man, after all...)

*
Read an interesting interview with Anurag Kashyap!

What does making a ‘terror’ film entail?

When I made Black Friday, I realised I had to be extremely objective. Terror is such a powerful subject, it has an impact any way you look at it. The problem is when films start giving solutions to everything, including world peace.


(And take a look at
terrorism films through the years!)

* Kailash Kher says
NO to Hollywood!

"If I am doing a Hollywood project, it has to be worthy of my time and not the cliched idea of Indian music. The offers I got were all for the same kind of stuff."

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl