Monday, August 9, 2010

Monday Gossip!

Well, my dears, in the end, I wasn't feeling well enough yesterday to get to the movies. Still, I did put up the last part of Dhoom 2 for you - and get ready for my next pick.... LOVE STORY 2050! If you thought the unintentional laughs flew fast and furious before, just wait until you get a load of Uncle Ya and Sec-C.

Now, let's down to business...

*
Aisha did well in multiplexes but not in single screens, which means it's well enough that I missed the showing. I probably wouldn't haven't enjoyed it.

* In feel-good news, a
mentally challenged boy went missing but was able to be tracked down because he always sings his favorite song: "Paisa Paisa" from De Dana Dan.

* Aamir Khan's favorite actor is....
GOVINDA!

(And now rumors are circulating that it's AAMIR who will be playing villain in
Dhoom 3. Honestly, I can't see this unless they give Aamir a part that's as juicy as Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean. Also, if Aamir does do Dhoom 3, it's going to be a another film whose subtitle might as well be "Abhi, who?")

The Perfectionist has also been struck down by the
viral flu that took out Aishwarya Rai the other day. Get better soon! Being sick totally sucks.

* Is the
Amar Akbar Anthony remake finally back on?

(And what is that
extra g in Dabangg for?)

*
The Time of India explores Priyadarshan's film on honor killings.

* Sussane Roshan ran
interference between Twinkle and Gauri at Abhishek Kapoor's birthday party. The First Wives Club is never dull, it seems. The question now remains... when is Bravo going to cast the Real Housewives of Mumbai?

* John Abraham's latest project...
dhotis! He's launching his own brand of menswear.

* Dev Patel and Kal Penn should
start a club.

Says Dev Patel:
“Because Slumdog was such a big hit there was a lot of pressure in terms of what I did next. For my second film I wanted a role that would stretch me, but all I was getting offered were stereotypical parts like the goofy Indian sidekick."

Actually, forget the Khan brothers - what that
Amar Akbar Anthony remake needs is Kal Penn, Dev Patel, and Aziz Ansari!

* Karisma Kapoor
speaks out about her leaked wedding video.

* This just in:
Anjaana Anjaani is not very original. (Was anybody expecting it to be? I just hope it's entertaining - although my boy Ranbir has yet to let me down on that account.)

* Will Bobby Deol be joining
The Italian Job?

* Chiranjeevi is upset at a certain scene in
Raktha Charithra.

* Sonakshi Sinha is a decent Human Being - she donated her first paycheck to Salman's
Being Human.

The lovely lady also Twitpic'ed this adorable picture the other day - enjoy!



Vinod Khanna, Salman Khan, and SHOTGUN!

Now there is one lucky lady!

3 comments:

redsarah said...

Damn, I so want Aamir doing a Captain Jack Sparrow in Dhoom3, now! If only .....

eliza bennet said...

I like the pic and hope that Sonakshi is a better actress than Sonam (comparison based on both being star kids)

It is suprising to read that Anjaana Anjaani is inspired by The Girl on The Bridge. The film has an older male lead (Gerard Depardieu) and a younger female lead (Vanessa Paradis). The one time when Bollywood could actually make the older lead thing work and they get Ranbir?? (well I'm totally and utterly in Team Ranbir so not complaining)

I really would love to watch Aamir as villain in Dhoom 3. First reason he is a very good and entertaining actor (he totally won me over - again - in 3 Idiots, it is not like in Rang De Basanti where his age showed, here he (and Raju Hirani) somehow managed to make him look similar to Madhavan and Sharman) And for me Dhoom is always the villain being more handsome and charismatic than our protagonist (well to me Abhi's got no competition but I'm thinking the majority) and Abhi is one actor who doesn't have illusions of grandeur as far as his acting and/or looks go (one of the reasons I like him so much) and will have no problem to act the second wheel again to a more popular star (and I'll droll over his pouting and looking miserable). So go Dhoom 3 with Aamir FTW!

I felt sorry for Dev Patel - he wanted a non cliche role but ended up in the white washed sorry excuse of an adaptation Avatar:The Last Airbender. He actually sounds like a nice, smart guy. Better luck next time!

Christine Menefee said...

Good for John Abraham! A second khadi revolution, I hope. Pathan suits and lungis, oboy! Though I can't quite see where t-shirts fit in; is there a traditional stretchy fabric?

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl