Monday, August 2, 2010

Monday Gossip!

I think it's going to rain today. Ah, well... such is life, I suppose. I remember when I lived in Glasgow and it rained 9 days out of 10. That was a different time.

Okay, now!

The big story today... VIVEK OBEROI IS GETTING MARRIED!

Congratulations to the flirtiest guy in Bollywood this side of Abhishek Bachchan!

Vivek's parents
arranged the match to Priyanka Alva.

(Can I just be a little cynical here for a minute and hope that Priyanka Alva knows what she is getting into? I can guarantee you that Vivek Oberoi will still be tom-catting around town, married or not. And I can guarantee that because I have been propositioned by numerous married Bollywood dudes. Just saying...)

* Stop the presses! Shahrukh tweets
about Ra.1!

* The kiss in
Aisha has been deleted and Sonam Kapoor has refused another kissing scene in Mausam.

* There will be free
film screenings at some of the local South Asian theaters here in the United States! I'll keep an eye out for listings.

* Aamir Khan is the
king of New York City.

* John Abraham is revamping his website but more importantly, this article uses the phrase
'get dope' completely unironically. (I hope).

The actor is also very excited about his revamped website - www.johnabraham.com - where users can get dope on the actor's life and activities.

* I resent the fact that this article implies that fabulous Shahana Goswami
was fat and ugly and will now be successful because she has conformed to some rigid ideas about beauty.

Shahana Goswami has come a long way from her days as the angsty Debbie in Abhishek Kapoor’s Rock On!!. While her passion for acting has increased manifold, her appearance has undergone a makeover of sorts. Those extra kilos have been shed, the wavy locks straightened and the face glowing more than ever.

Who decides which kilos are 'extra'? And why is wavy hair a negative thing now?

Poor Shahana! And I so loved her short hair rocker chick look from last year!

I hate both the Barbie doll beauty standards and the media that enforces them.

For the record, I have awesome curly hair and none of my kilos are 'extra' - I need every one to fill out my curves.



Watch the
Endhiran trailer! It looks SUPER-AWESOME and you know I am going to see it in the theater if it comes here, subtitles or not!

I love watching things from the South with all the crowd noise. If they ever do special features on South DVDs, somebody should set up a microphone in the audience of an opening night theater and record the crowd to stick as an extra audio track. I would totally watch that!

2 comments:

dayshaze said...

Sad that Vivek's off the market. Who's going to hold press conferences in Aish's honor now? :)

I absolutely LOVED that article on Aamir. In 1000 words or less, it showed how non-diva and down-to-earth he is. The man can do little wrong in my eyes (excluding Mangel Pandey, of course.)

Here's a complete list of the free Big Cinema movies for Indian independence, FYI

http://us.bigcinemas.com/spirit/movieCalendar.html

ajnabi said...

I know I should be commenting on the gossip, but now I just really, really want to know who was trying to mack on you. Can't help the shallow.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl