Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday Gossip!

It's all about Aisha today and the reviews are flying in fast and furious. I'll try to get one up myself - after I see the film, of course. One nitpick pointed out by V Love Movies is that everybody keeps describing the novel Emma as 'Victorian' when we all know that it's really a Regency period novel. Get it right, people!

(Can you tell I'm feeling a little better today?)

Also, I have ordered my copy of
Love Story 2050 and it should be arriving soon. The question now remains, how long should I tease you with the last part of Dhoom 2 before beginning Love Story 2050: An In-Depth Look?

* Get a sneak peek of the
Bollywood theme park!

* Vivek Oberoi talks about his
fiancee.

* And speaking of Vivek,
Raththa Charithram has finished shooting.

* Randeep Hooda didn't copy anyone for his character in
Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai. (And, DAMN, do I want to see that movie again. That is one I'm buying as soon as it's out on DVD.)

* Kangana Ranaut plus Paris Hilton? And you thought you only dreamed it! Curly-wurly Kangana has been asked to be the
spokesmodel for Paris's clothing line. I cannot WAIT to see those advertisements!

Also, she says how she has been
unlucky in love. (It's only because you haven't met me yet, babe.)

A lot of my friends have been in love for 10 years and are now getting married. But I didn’t meet any guy in school; I grew up and just randomly dated. That’s why I say I have been exceptionally unlucky. Today, I am totally open to somebody match-making for me.

So, somebody set that up. Okay?

* Piggy Chops will not
cut her hair for Anurag Basu's film Silence.

* Is there trouble in
Mollywood?

* Disney and UTV have a
distribution deal.

* Did Deepika Padukone get a
boob job? (or as the article tactfully puts it 'did she gain weight on the upper half of her body?'

Take a first look at
Dhobi Ghat!



And don't forget, DC folks! We're getting both
Aisha and Tere Bin Laden this weekend! Plus, Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai is still playing AND it looks like rain, so there is no excuse not to go see at least one movie!

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

layla-aaron said...

I wish Once Upon a Time... was coming here. :(

Christine Menefee said...

Maybe Dhobi Ghat can appeal to the slum-fan mentality that SDM seemed to arouse, but actually offer a worthwhile story (I hated Slumdog). Looks interesting!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl