Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tuesday Gossip!

Good morning, duckies! I'm up a little late today - see, my alarm clock broke so that I can only set the alarm for 44 minutes past the hour. Any hour.

I'm just high class like that!

Anyways, I did manage to post up a few pictures from the Twilight Convention - they are
here if you are curious.

And on that same note - please (PLEASE) go and click "like" on my fan page to try to get the extremely talented Alex Meraz a ticket to Bollywood.



See!! Look how amazing he is!! And Hollywood has no idea how best to use those talents - so go click! I'll be your best friend... (maybe!)

I also came back with a great idea for a new series of essays - sort of diving into various fandoms (including Bollywood) and explaining what they're all about to people who may not know. Doesn't that sound interesting? I'll call it Filmi Girl's Journey Into Crazy Town or something like that!

Now... your daily dose of gossip!

*
Tere Bin Laden has actually done fairly well in India.

* Vidya Balan
is not doing Dhamaal 2 but nobody knows why - the money seems to be the main theory, though.

Vidya and Kangana are also competing for a role in
Bullet Train.

*
Khatta Meetha ran into potential cruelty towards animal problems. Not that they did anything cruel to animals but the Censor Board objected to a scene where an elephant was shown working... Can I just give a massive eye roll here? Don't get me wrong, I adore elephants - I used to volunteer in the elephant house at the National Zoo - but an elephant pushing/pulling a piece of equipment is not cruelty to animals.

* Saifu was
stranded in Morocco.

* Jackie Shroff is heading back to
Mollywood.

* Shankar is directing the
Tamil and Telugu remakes of 3 Idiots. Watch out for that link, though, because the image the article uses is that creepy bug-eyed one of Aamir in the rain barrel. *shudder*

I have a feeling the Tamil and Telugu versions of
3I will be much more to my tastes. It probably also helps that they won't have music by that awful Shantanu Moitra. "Zoobi Doobi" makes my ears bleed.

* Deepika Padukone has a
new tattoo.

* Hmmm... was it Karan who asked Bebo to repeat her
size zero look for Short Term Shaadi? Doesn't anyone else question the fact that it's a gay man setting standards of female desirability? Some of us prefer Bebo with some meat on her bones - like Saif Ali Khan and me.

* Aw!! MS Dhoni played a prank on
John Abraham!

* Sanjay Leela Bhansali has been mucking around on the sets of
My Friend Pinto.

Picture Time!!



Akshay Kumar promoting
Khatta Meetha! He's so freaking adorable with that little girl in his lap!




Katrina Kaif's item girl avatar from
Tees Maar Khan!



And a bizarre looking Kangana Ranaut on the sets of
Boogie Woogie.

What the heck did she do to herself?! And I'm not even talking the hair - she looks like she's been taking body sculpting lessons from Heidi Montag!

4 comments:

Anishok said...

Kangana looks awful...Plastic surgery gone wrong :(

Filmi girl, are you planning to do a "Buffy/Bollywood" post? I'd love to read your thoughts on that :D

eliza bennet said...

As a lover of tatoos (unfortunately I only have one) I read Deepika's tattoo story. I just have one thing to say, ankle is not the most painful place to get a tattoo, obviously.

What happened to Kangana's foot?

Amaluu said...

Great post! I can tell you lots about Harry Potter fandom.

I will give you that Kat looks beautiful in those pics, but knowing what I know about Akshay Kumar, him with a little girl on his lap is creepy & frightening. Ok, ok, I know, them's fightin' words and it's your blog. No hard feelings! :-)

redsarah said...

Anishok is so right - Buffy/Firefly are so Bollywood!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl