Hello, world! It's a rainy day here in good old Washington, DC but I'll bear it as best I can... day dreaming of lovely Mumbai.
* Sonam Kapoor apologized to Shobhaa De for being a little brat about this column of Shobhaa's.
* Anurag Kashyap has realized that there are quite a few of us non-Indians who like Indian films.
"Cannes was a big learning experience for me. After going there, I realised that the film market is so huge. I also realised that we should not think that only the NRI audience will see our films abroad that we make our films accordingly. There are many other markets out there that are open to Indian films."
* Cricital Bolly hack Rajeev Masand, never a favorite of mine (obvs), has further sealed his place in my Naughty Book by calling Akshay Kumar a jackass in print. Thankfully, Amitabh took issue and called out Mr. Masand on his bad manners.
* Piggy Chops banned from junk food! Why do I feel like this is a code for something naughtier? I don't care who you are - nobody eats junk food all the time and stays as thin as PC. Well, nobody that is her age, anyway.
* One of Bollywood's chattiest heroines, Bipasha Basu, discusses things.
"Even between a commercial entertainer and sometimes a 'no brainer' which always works, ninety percent of the time, it's a lot of effort put into films. Every film, good or bad, is made with a lot of effort. That includes a lot of conviction and a lot of money too (laughs). Nothing is less important. When a film like Lamhaa comes my way, I only feel a little more responsible because it has real and sensitive issues involved."
* Is Aamir low-balling the musicians who played for Peepli Live?
* The Dabangg trailer is debuting with Khatta Meetha.
* Charmingly (not really), India Today gets in a little dig at Aamir's (and I quote) "Kannada wife Kiran Rao" while bashing the spelling mistakes in Aamir's tweets. Really, bro? You want to go there?
* Kalki Koechlin has been replaced in the Imran Khan-starrer Coke ads with "ordinary, everyday types." Was Kalki too fierce for you, Imran? Are you only sticking with actresses who can't act now that you have had your hit with Sonam?
* Asin is not out of trouble yet. Her visits to war torn areas of Sri Lanka have flamed more fires than they put out.
And, DAMN! Look who is bringing sexy back... Arshad Warsi!
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl