You guys!! We've gone from 14 to 19 fans on my Alex Meraz fan page! Just one 1 more and I'll re-post my "Abhishek Can't Dance" fanvid and if we get to 50, I promise some sort of Twilight/Bollywood mash-up video.
(You know you want to see that!)
Just one more day until Khatta Meetha and I'm really excited for Akshay - I think this could be a big hit for him! If you missed it, I posted my Tribute to Akshay yesterday.
He's done some good interviews recently, too!
In fact the moment I saw the first look of the film, I felt that in 70s/80s, such roles would have been done by the likes of Amol Palekar or Farooq Sheikh. After all it was their breed of actors who excelled in such roles. You too are consciously stepping into the shoes of such 'simple men'?
Well in all honesty we are all 'simple men'. It's just opportunities that separate us. Every time when I know that I am not going to be seen in the public eye, I am wearing my track pants. If I am not pulling up at a red carpet event, I drive my little CRV. All men were born simple, either jobs or wives or reputations and society, that's what gets in the way of men being our lazy selves. The likes of Amol and Farooq were classics because every man connected with them. That's why James Bond is a fantasy but it is Mr Bean who will always be adored.
So, now... what else is happening in Tinsel Town?!
* The Hindu looks at angst, or more specifically, at angst in Udaan.
* Maybe it's because I've been reading a book on Hollywood Economics before bedtime but articles like this have me more interested than usual. Apparently, producers are selling distribution rights to films to television fairly soon after they release in the theater.
* La Kaif is launching her sister Isabel - with Farah Khan's help.
* American actor Tom Wu is joining Shahrukh Khan in Ra.1. Aw... I was hoping my friend Matt would be in the running for this.
* For some reason, this just really cracks me up - Abbas Tyrewala is moving in with John Abraham. Why? Who knows! Something about their movie, I suppose.
* Shahrukh and Gauri are shooting a commercial together. Her face weirds me out - it's that Too Much Plastic Surgery look.
* Anil Kapoor is walking the ramps at Delhi Couture Week. I still haven't found any good pictures of the collections!
* Enjoy an unintentionally hilarious interview with Bipasha Basu.
Why are you late for the event?
In my ten years in the industry I have never been late. This is for the first time I have arrived half an hour later due to some reason. I have no idea about media waiting for 3.5 hours but as per the timing given to me I am only 30minutes late and I apologies for that.
Somebody has been taking lessons from Lindsay Lohan!
* Deepika Padukone finds acting challenging.
"The biggest challenge was to pretend that I was not seeing. There were no supporting tools like black goggles or a stick with me to make it obvious that I am blind. For example, we friends are sitting together and discussing something and one of them says, 'arre dekh na' and then realises I can't see. Or he removes a glass a bit aside spontaneously not realising I couldn't see that...So everyone had to focus and give a lot of attention all the time while shooting the film."
I kind of love that Deepika's idea of "acting blind" is black sunglasses and a stick. Did she watch Mr. Magoo cartoons to really bone up on it? This movie is going to be an EPIC SHIT SHOW!
The best blind acting I've ever seen was from Takeuchi Yuuko in the Japanese mini-series Bara No Nai Hanaya. I would have recommended Deepika watch a few episodes of that. (Go check it out, if you haven't!)
* Is Priyanka joining the cast of the Kishore Kumar biopic?
* Finally, Karan Johar's On Set Etiquette Rules!
Never assume that your heroine will come out looking as natural and effortlessly beautiful as she did going into the hair and make up van. A lot can go wrong with curlers and tongs. The trick is to never comment on a hairdo gone wrong on set in front of everyone. Instead, pull your heroine back into the van, and try to fix it privately. Saves a lot of people a lot of humiliation that way.
And the Dabangg trailer!!
OH MAH GOD! I can't wait!! Go, Sallu! And I think Sonakshi is going to blast Sonam and Deepika out of the water!
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl