Good morning! Oh, such a weekend I had, toiling away at the bubble factory. (Not really - I just really loved Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani, unlike Beth. But then she thought Striker was an interesting film and I turned it off halfway to watch Prabhas "play" guitar and do wire work in Adavi Ramdu.)
SO! What do we have today?
* Somebody is going to join me on this Bollywood tour of Switzerland, right?!
On their 12-day tour, marketed as the Enchanted Journey and organized by the Indian affiliate of the Swiss travel agency Kuoni, the travelers watched DVDs of Bollywood film scenes shot in Switzerland while traveling from site to site. They posed, laughing, for snapshots imitating their film heartthrobs.
Of course, this being from the NYT, the article has to end on a weirdly racist note.
But not everyone shares the dream. In June, the Zurich newspaper Tages-Anzeiger featured an article with the headline “Into the Luxury Hotel with a Gas Cooker,” noting that “in some hotels an entire caste of guests is no longer desired: the Indians.”
The article catalogued the complaints of hotel managers: guests who cook curry dishes on camping stoves in their rooms; guests who use bath oils that blacken tubs; guests who book for a husband and wife, only to show up with the entire family.
In Engelberg, where a visitor is more likely to encounter a woman in a sari than hear the clang of a cowbell, some European tourists are unsettled.
That is how you end a heart-warming article, NYT?!
* I Hate Luv Storys is a much needed non-flop for Sonam and Imran. (Although, don't think it will make us forget Kidnap, Luck, Delhi 6, and Saawariya entirely.)
* Why is Rani becoming a recluse? And why are people suddenly reporting weird stories about her?
* Aishwarya Rai is doing a cosmetics commercial with Kate Winslet.
* Prachi Desai loves Archie comics! Yes, it's news. Shut up! I love Archie Comics, too!!
* Ekta Kapoor has snagged Vishal Bhardwaj for a new film!
* Shooting has begun for Imtiaz Ali's Rockstar. Apparently, Ranbir was spotted practicing his guitar.
* Dharmendra is saying good-bye to politics.
* Abhay Deol is upset that he is being left out of the promotions for Aisha. Because it's not a women's film. Right.
* The Italian Job re-make is being shot in New Zealand. No word on the new title... The Auckland Job?
* Emraan Hashmi hates the term six pack.
Emraan has really worked on his body for this film, but says he detests the term "six-pack abs".
"I hate this term six-pack. When Milan narrated the script he made sure that the character demands an overall muscular physique. Because of the action sequences, the toughness in the look was required," he said.
Also, I get the feeling Emraan Hashmi hasn't seen too many 1970s films.
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl